Sleepsinclass's Story - ( 25 /needs Help! Will add Pics )

sleepsinclassz

Reaction score
So...

Signs & Symptoms:
I'm 25 years old; turn 26 in March. My hair has probably been thinning over the past seven years or so, and it's becoming more and more noticeable. I'll notice hairs falling off throughout the day (like 4-5/day) and definitely get some shedding in the shower. D: My mom's father went bald and ended up with that horseshoe ring of hair. My dad's father had basically the same, but my dad still has a full head in his sixties--even taking chemo only thinned it a little!

I still have pretty good coverage, but the crown is getting at least the beginnings of a noticeable bald spot, and my hair is uncomfortably thin in general. The pictures I'll post here are of me combing it to maximize the baldness.

I'm a law student, which does NOT help with the stress factor. I try to eat a balanced diet, but I haven't been exercising nearly enough, which is probably exacerbating my problems with stress.

Treatments?
I've got rogaine, but haven't worked up the guts to start using it. The thing I need the most help with is advice on how to apply it without having it run everywhere and make my hair look nuts.

Do you have to put it on after showering in the morning? My first class is at 10:30, so it'd be nice to work out something where my hair looks normal by the time I get to class.

Any reactions on the "double dose at night and none in the morning" regimen?

What about seeing a dermatologist to get drugs?

What are the "sexual side effects" of using Propecia? Side effects

Laser comb? I'm skeptical.

Etc.

All advice GREATLY appreciated.

philosoraptor

Established Member
Reaction score
Before someone scares you away from propecia.

The only side effect I have had from the drug was an increased libido for a couple of weeks after starting. After that I have had zero sides on it going on almost 11 months. At the same time though I am completely opposite of a hypochondriac and the mind is a powerful thing.

You won't react the same way as everyone else, but if you start it go into it with a positive mind set. Think that it will help you. Don't think that it might hurt you.

flamingpie

Established Member
Reaction score
sleepsinclassz said:
Do you have to put it on after showering in the morning? My first class is at 10:30, so it'd be nice to work out something where my hair looks normal by the time I get to class.

If you apply it right your hair will look normal. When i first started using it i was applying too much, making my hair look greasy and taking a while to dry. Once you learn how to apply the right amount, your hair will look absolutely fine. Once you get the hang of it, applying it will not be messy and take only a few seconds.

Oh and dont even look into the laser comb....its pretty much been proven ineffective.