SLS in shampoo

misterium

Reaction score
Hi,

I've read that the ingredient SLS found in many shampoos, is not good for scalp health.

Can anybody enlighten me on this issue.. I'm concerned and would like to find out about SLS-free shampoos if possible.

misterium

Reaction score
Nobody has input on this subject?

I'm interested in finding a quality SLS-free shampoo to use in my regimine... I just have a feeling that it's too harsh for thinning scalps since it's a detergent.. but I've only read a few articles so I can't make a real decision yet.

HairyN

Established Member
Reaction score
i use sls free shampoo

i read somewhere a very long time ago that sls strips the scalp of fatty acids...which is used in revivogen to block dht...and the article did mention that fact specifically

good enough for me to spend a small amount...

misterium

Reaction score
Where can I find some SLS free shampoo ?

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
DOn't know where to get the SLS-free shampoo but how bout you post those articles you mentioned?
Try one of those tree huggin hippy stores. They probably have what your lookin for.

misterium

Reaction score
I'd have to re-find them I can't remember what site(s) they were from..

Basically just explaining how SLS is a petrolium product and is used in cleansers and detergents, and how it is too harsh for scalps with hairloss problems. Could be opinion, could be chemistry fact. I do not know.

AKA

Established Member
Reaction score
There are a selection of SLS-free shampoos available in health stores. Try the Jason's brand, they make some good shampoos and conditioners.

misterium

Reaction score
Well I guess Nizoral uses it to deliver the active ingredient into the scalp better.

I think most other generic brands use it simply cause it's a cleanser.. since there's really no benefit to using Suave over Nizoral, I'd imagine.