Small success on big 3 then cliche second shed, sure i'm fine. happened to you?

shocktop311

Established Member
Reaction score
Yo guys,

It's been a while since I've posted here. I gave up caring about my hairloss because it started looking so good.

I've been on finasteride for 10 months, nizoral 7 months, and rogaine about 5-6 months.

What's happened since then?

I did have a small shed after I started rogaine in March. It wasn't too bad and my hair after 4 months time started looking awesome. I could definitely see some vellus hairs start to emerge in the temple areas and they turned terminal by month 4-5. Also, my hair became thicker all over probably because of the finasteride.

Certain things I've noticed. The rogaine is working in a continuing pattern from my temples towards the front hairline. I haven't seen too many (if any for that matter) pop out in my frontal hairline but it's creeping up there with hairs in the back starting to turn terminal and thinner towards the front.

In 5 1/2 months however, maybe 5 i had sex with a chick and she pulled out some of my hair. This blew because I had a dope hair cut and everything was starting to look ****ing awesome. Since then I've had a pretty bad shed that's slightly observable. I believe it's still continuing. It might be because I stopped nizoral for a month or two. Who knows. But they're ALL thick hairs for the most part which sucks. Hopefully since I've noticed the back to forward pattern it's just the frontal hair falling out for new ones. It looks decent but definitely not how it was a month ago. I can't style my hair like I did a month ago.

I have not changed my regimen and apply the rogaine on my temples, frontal hairline, and up my vertex (my crown is fine, I don't put it there). I honestly wish I never started doing it on my vertex. I'm sure by this time because of how many months I've been on finasteride it would have been thicker than it is now but I have to continue applying or I will shed my vertex.

Sucks but I'm definitely going to continue. I think most people have a second shed, maybe not as bad as this one. The reason why I'm sticking with it is because I see a couple vellus hairs still popping out further down my hairline where i'm a 100% sure I did not have these before.

Also, one more thing I think is huge. The new hairs from the rogaine that have turned terminal are almost thicker then the hairs behind them. I think this is because they possibly haven't shed yet so they're catching up with the new follicles. Hopefully I finish this shed in a couple of weeks and it comes back by two months. I'm sure it's cool.

I have not changed my regimen

1.25fin, 2x daily rogaine, nizoral 2-3 times a week.

Just an update...