Smaller surgeries with less downtime

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Some of us here - I assume I am not the only one - need nothing more than 800-1000 grafts max. Some need 500 or so. Of course we might need more for later, but we leave it for later. The question is, who are these doctors who are used to work with these relatively younger cats who want more hair...

and who is the doctor to seek if I DON'T WANT TO SHAVE MY HEAD !!
I mean shaving donor area is OK, as long as it can be covered with the surrounding hair, and it can usually.

But the recipient area ? Some of us have jobs where we can't wear a hat !

(e.g. lawyers, models, swimmers, wankers, hair transplant surgeons and firemen .. ect..)

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I am talking about FUE ... personally

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
prohair clinic and BHR in belgium can do up to a 1000 fue without shaving the entire head, but i think u need to pay a smal fee for the extra threetment because it could take longer time for the techs and Doctor to place the grafts

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
What norwood are you? If you only need 800-1000 grafts...I'm guessing you are like a nw1.5 trying to get back to nw1? (keep in mind this is just from the numbers I have seen online and heard doctors comment on)

curiouscharles

Established Member
Reaction score
this is what i'm considering doing to fill in my temples to a solid nw1 (i'm just past one now, and have been for awhile on finasteride)

s.a.f

Reaction score
curiouscharles said:
this is what i'm considering doing to fill in my temples to a solid nw1 (i'm just past one now, and have been for awhile on finasteride)

Bad idea, anyway theres nothing wrong with NW1.5 or even NW2.

Hiker

Established Member
Reaction score
They all could probably do a small transplant without shaving the recipient. The question is, do you want to do that? I think at a minimum, you should have the hair in the recipient cut very short before you have surgery so that the doctor doesn't have to be constantly moving your existing hair around to place the grafts. It also gives the doctor a better view of the recipient. I know what your saying about work, but if it's FUE you can tough it out.