So I've decided to shave my head.

Helel

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone.

After much thought, I have decided to shave my head. I still haven't found a job and it seems like it may be a long time until I can get the opportunity to purchase this stupid medication that may or may not help me. Seeing 40+ strands of hair on my sink, strands of hair on my food, laptop, and basically anywhere I go is just too much. I'm reminded of my hair every damn place I go. I can't deal with this anymore.

For those of you who are religious, if you all could pray for me it would mean a lot. If I'm going to be ugly, I may as well get this over with now.

Dark Link

Banned
Reaction score
So... How does it look? Alien, badass, chemo? I'm chemo myself. My mom said to me the other day that I in a way shaved my head to support chemo patients.... WTF! No I ****ing didn't. Plus I get looks from people like.. poor kid has cancer.

On a side note people are really nice to me. I do seem to get more attention than normal (not necessarily positive). But of the three shaved white man looks (alien, badass, & chemo) I'm thinking chemo isn't that bad. How would you guys rank it? Alien: pros (none) cons (you look like a deformed freak). Badass pros: respect cons (intimidation, unfriendly looking). Chemo pros (people are nice) cons (you look sickly and get people's pity).

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Did you shave with a razor or with a clipper? Major difference I think. I do it with a clipper. I don't have the ballz to do it with a razor.

Helel

Established Member
Reaction score
I will be doing it this weekend. I'm just going to cut it very short like a buzz cut.

Dark Link

Banned
Reaction score
...why are you still here then if you shaved your head?

Hair grows back you know. I'm a Norwood 2.5 thinning on the top and in the temples. I just wanted to see what it would look like down the road since I'm losing ground.

I actually used a razor. This is a bad idea for the record. Just use clippers. Otherwise you get too much irritation.

Helel

Established Member
Reaction score
From another thread I made, I have finally figured out why I'm losing so much hair in so little time. I have DUPA. It makes sense.

Finasteride will not work for me. I'm glad I didn't waste time buying it. Now I'm left with the one option. After literally one year, I went from having a full thick head of hair to having to shave it all off. One year. I cannot believe how unlucky I am. If balding wasn't enough, it had to happen overnight.

Dark Link

Banned
Reaction score
From another thread I made, I have finally figured out why I'm losing so much hair in so little time. I have DUPA. It makes sense.

Finasteride will not work for me. I'm glad I didn't waste time buying it. Now I'm left with the one option. After literally one year, I went from having a full thick head of hair to having to shave it all off. One year. I cannot believe how unlucky I am. If balding wasn't enough, it had to happen overnight.

How do you come up with the conclusion that finasteride won't work for you? I bet it would. And it's cheap. Step 1: Get a prescription. Hopefully you have insurance that will cover a simple physical check up. Ask your doctor to prescribe you finasteride 5mg with the instruction to cut into quarters. Got to walgreens, buy their prescription plan for $20. Get a fill of teva generic 30 5 mg pills for $10. Even if you cut those into quarters they will last you 4 months. You could even split them into 8ths and get 8 months out of it. .625 mg is still going to be a sufficient amount of dht reduction to save your hair.

kpat

Established Member
Reaction score
Get an awesome tattoo all over your head. That's what I'm gonna do.