So lemme get this straight...

Deaner

Reaction score
Does Propecia help regrow hair because by removing the DHT from the hair follicles, the follicles are now allowed to recoup and start producing bigger, thicker, longer, darker hairs again? It seems that all the hair I lose when combing and such is thin and nowhere near as long as the rest of my hair (maybe 1/2 the size on average). Are these hairs that Propecia will allow to come back bigger and stronger in the next growth cycle, thus giving me regrowth? Or what's the deal?

Also, I've been noticing alot of long whispy blonde hairs all along my bangs that never used to be there. They're actually pretty much the same length as the rest of my bangs, never noticed them until recently. Could these be the kinda hairs that Propecia helps beef up?

Thanks

Axon

Reaction score
Yes. In fact, both Minoxidil and Finasteride are very good at thickening and coarsening hair that is IN THE PROCESS of thinning.

Neither, IMHO, is particuarly good at regrowing hair on slick, bald patches.

Once the auto-immune effect on the hair follicle is inhibited, the hair can (maybe) begin to return to normal.

Why isn't the regrowth rate 100%? Brother, if you know that, you've solved male pattern baldness.