So Nizoral is discontinued..

piacere

Reaction score
So Nizoral has been apparently discontinued in the US and it was the only thing missing from my regime. What are my alternatives? I got a 2% keto from my dermatologist, but besides the keto what else from Nizoral was an important ingredient? Are there any other substitutes?

piacere

Reaction score
Yah im not down to drop over $100 for one bottle.. considering that A) I bought a bottle less than a year ago for $20 and B) There is now a limited supply, so prices are only going to increase.

Everyone on these forums can't possibly be using Nizoral only.

Jacob

Reaction score
Well there's that Ketazon..don't know how it compares. The other that starts with an R..don't get me started :whistle:

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
So Nizoral has been apparently discontinued in the US and it was the only thing missing from my regime. What are my alternatives? I got a 2% keto from my dermatologist, but besides the keto what else from Nizoral was an important ingredient? Are there any other substitutes?

well if your derm gave you an alternative brand then what's the problem?

you can still buy nizoral cheaply from this UK vendor which ships internationally:

http://www.pharmacy2u.co.uk/nizoral-dandruff-shampoo-p3770.html

Revita and Regenpure both have keto in, but I don't know what %. Probably less than 2%

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We will be carrying Nizoral 1% from overseas soon. Stay tuned. I've checked it out and its the exact same stuff. Color and everything.

Admin

piacere

Reaction score
well if your derm gave you an alternative brand then what's the problem?

Well the alternative brand is just 2% keto, no other active ingredients. It was my understanding that Nizoral had other active ingredients were anti-inflammatory

reidmet

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nizoral is 2% in the UK and you can purchase it from any chemist, so if you have friends in the UK or going on holiday there get them to get it for you.