So what does everything think about weed becoming legal in the US?

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Nice Topic Cassin! Colorado and Washington? WTF? Cali should go first!! Weed should be legal just like booze. Here in British Columbia, Canada.. Weed is well tolerated and life goes on.. but think about it.. The guy in Salt Lake City got 2 years in jail but dude in Denver smoking 2 pound a day is fine.. They are going to open the biggest can of worm when it comes to the control , rules and regulation between states.

HughJass

Reaction score
so what does this mean now that some states voted to legalize it? Is it going to be legal or will the federal government step in and override the state's decision?

Quadzilla99

Established Member
Reaction score
Nice Topic Cassin! Colorado and Washington? WTF? Cali should go first!! Weed should be legal just like booze. Here in British Columbia, Canada.. Weed is well tolerated and life goes on.. but think about it.. The guy in Salt Lake City got 2 years in jail but dude in Denver smoking 2 pound a day is fine.. They are going to open the biggest can of worm when it comes to the control , rules and regulation between states.

They actually had a vote on it a few years ago in California and it didn't pass. My brother lives out there and he says outside of the major cities there's still a lot of conservative people in California and not all liberals are/were for it

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm not a pothead (even though I look like one) but I think at the very least the jail time for possession is way too harsh. Waste of my tax money.

- - - Updated - - -

And on another note, it's way safer than painkillers which are socially acceptable....yet are responsible for a lot of deaths and even organ failure.

Quadzilla99

Established Member
Reaction score
And on another note, it's way safer than painkillers which are socially acceptable....yet are responsible for a lot of deaths and even organ failure.

EVen better its way safer than alcohol and sincde alcohol causes a lot of people to become aggressive and leads to stupid decisions especially in terms of acts of violence, while weed mellows out most users. When I was going through hard times in my life weed used to always cheer me up. If someone was angry about something whether it be getting fired, getting dumped, or getting into an argument and they had to either go and get drunk or get high it would be better for society for someone to get high 99 times out of 100.