So what has actually worked for you?

rolltide10

Reaction score
in terms of regrowth or stopping hair loss?

I've used minoxidil, finasteride, RU, and NOTHING has worked or slowed it down.

It just seems as if I'm cursed to be bald, which sucks because I do not have the head to pull off the bald look.

I'm mainly asking because I'm thinking about trying out this RUM, which is supposed to be like a time released RU with zero sides. a bit pricey tho, $400 for 10g, but it might be a last ditch effort.

I can't keep pouring $ after $ into products that aren't working for me. And being 24, with a part time minimum wage job, I can't keep this lifestyle up.

mires

Reaction score
For how long have you been using minoxidil/finasteride/RU? Sounds like extremely aggressive male pattern baldness or very bad luck if nothing seems to help. I'd give each treatment option at least a year of consistent use before assessing whether they are helping or not.

Do you have any other issues with your scalp? Itchyness, extreme oilyness, dermatitis, anything like that?

rolltide10

Reaction score
Yes I think it's very aggressive because I have low DHT already, but my hairs continue to miniaturize and fade away =/

As of now I've been on RU for 3 months, and I have a very dry/flaky scalp because of the Ethanol in my solution.

I'm going to start RUM when it's available, that's basically my last option.

brandnew

Established Member
Reaction score
I am going to start rum as well. Tried finasteride 3 different times at different doses and made me shed. Also gave me horrible sides. SO RUM is my last hope. Do you use minx 1 or 2 times daily? What kind? Foam? brand? I have been using foam twice daily for a year and its helped in some areas but it causes me to shed nonstop! I am 23 so I am right behind you!

LostHope

Reaction score
balding2323 said:
Yo man, you sound a lot like me. I had the THICKEST hair when I was 18, then I started balding around 19. It started off very slow and gradual. Unfortunately, nothing has worked for me, and that includes propecia (stopped due to sides), minoxidil, RU.

I did notice that I was growing in small hairs when I was on the propecia, and I was shedding a ton, but I had to stop because of the side effects.

I think if we both want to solve this problem, we're going to have to attack the problem from multiple angles. I know you don't have much money to spare, but if you could find a way to start using a few treatments together, maybe they'll work together and stop the process. I sat down today and wrote out everything I had at my disposal, and I'm going to be setting up my regime within the next few days. Here's what I got:

oral spironolactone (very low dose....25 mg, just to curtail my androgens down a little bit so the topical antiandrogens work better)
topical spironolactone
RUM
minoxidil 15%
emu oil
nizoral 1% or nizoral 2%
CB-03-01 (0.4% cream)

Like I said earlier, your story is very similar to mine, since nothing has worked yet. Hopefully this list I made will help you out in making your regime better, and hopefully stop the shedding. Good luck man.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
If RU did not work for U, what makes you believe RUM will do?
Do you think you can increase the RUM dosis due to a better side effect profile?
I ask because I'm also limited to a very small RU dosage by sides. And this small dosage does not allow to replace finasteride fully for me.
What do you think of 17AP? Do you favour RUM?

smitysmity

Established Member
Reaction score
17AP is probably the best anti androgen topical you can buy and the most convenient.

Aks20

Established Member
Reaction score
What is 17AP?

I used minoxidil. Some thickening. But puffy face, black eyes - makes you look 10 years older.

Currently using spec..f7 ...touchwood, it seems to have helped in reducing hair loss...no regrowth though TBH.