So who here has used Saw Palmetto?

hello

Reaction score
Ive been using it abouit six months now, hair's still thinning and receding slowly. It makes my forehead really oily a few hours after I take the Saw Palmetto, I was wondering if this is normal, a good sign, a bad sign... ?

I dont wanna go back on Propecia, tried it for about 2 months. Im really appalled by the fact that it messes with your semen, libido/erections... just looking for some natural alternatives , any help plz.

iamnaked

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I used saw palmetto. In fact I even used refined beta-sitosterol extract (which amusingly tasted quite a lot like Dutasteride".

It didn't work for me and there is no scientific evidence that it works as a hairloss treatment.

The difference between saw palmetto and pharmaceuticals was like night and day.

bubka

Reaction score
hello said:
Ive been using it abouit six months now, hair's still thinning and receding slowly. It makes my forehead really oily a few hours after I take the Saw Palmetto, I was wondering if this is normal, a good sign, a bad sign... ?

I dont wanna go back on Propecia, tried it for about 2 months. Im really appalled by the fact that it messes with your semen, libido/erections... just looking for some natural alternatives , any help plz.
Why would something that is "natural" not do the same exact thing?

penguin74

Reaction score
I've been on Saw Palmetto for about 6 months, though I do combine it with a healthier diet, a multivitamin as well as Fish Oil and SIlica tablets daily. While I can't say that the SP has actually shown any regrowth, it certainly has not slowed anything down nor caused any shedding. Furthermore, I have never experienced the sides a lot of peeps mention here (ie: man boobs, decreased libido, pain in the jewels, etc.) in fact, I feel like it has increased my sex drive to a certain degree. I suppose the universal law applies with all of this, in that all things work differently for different people.

I also firmly believe that just because a treatment - be it all natural or not - is not FDA approved, doesn't mean it should be dismissed. There may be a lot of trial and error involved and may take a longer time to see results, but I do think a healthy diet and alleviating any stress (not always easy these days but it's worth an effort) is the first building block. After that, there are numerous things you can get from the health food store and try at home, and with a lot of patience and a positive outlook, you might be surprised.

Aloe vera, apple cider vinegar, coconut oil, ginseng, ginger, sea kelp, onion and garlic, saw palmetto, licorice, lavender, rosemary, etc., I think all of these, in whatever proportions and combination (and that may be the key) can be very effective in not only stopping the hair loss, but also to obtain regrowth.

I will never diss Rogaine and all the others, and I'm holding out on using the foam (been thinking about adding it just to see if it speeds things up), but combining pharma stuff with natural remedies, scalp massaging and a healthier diet can be the best of all worlds.

So again in regards to saw palmetto, for me, not an ecstatic oh-my-god YAY, but certainly not a NAY, it just takes time to see results, like with all the others.

gazza2208

Reaction score
Used it - 320mg oral per day along with 1/4 proscar for at least 4 years. Don´t know if it did anything for my hair but I could piss like a fire hose when using it (must have helped my urinary system out).

Eureka

Established Member
Reaction score
I used it for awhile, Wouldn't say I got any regrowth from it, But it did make the hair I had look healthier.