Sodium Laurel Sulfate in shampoos

pwnien00b

Reaction score
I heard that sodium laurel sulfate in shampoos is not good for balding me. Can anyone confirm this?If so, what's a good shampoo to buy. Thanks :puke:

Hoppi

Reaction score
Erm, I dunno really, I mean I guess it might cause mild inflammation.

I use an SLS-free shampoo, I use this one: http://www.iherb.com/aubrey-organics-me ... 10462?at=0

Seems alright :)

I believe you can also get some SLS-free shampoos with things like Saw Palmetto and Nettle extract in them, so that might be cool too!

Tdevil

Established Member
Reaction score
SLS is the foaming agent put in most shampoos on the market. Unfortunately, when you buy one free of SLS, you will have a hard time lathering and will take 2-3 applications to get a good foam going.

The only two shampoos I can think off the top of my head are Bert's Bees shampoo and most hair products by J.A.S.O.N.

Hoppi

Reaction score
yeah, it was a little trickier to get it to foam up. It's worth it though, I mean I don't want to use anything that might give my follicles more reason to get inflamed/damaged than they already have!

Of course if I end up using Nizoral again then that's just the way it is but.. hmm, I'll see how I go for now :)

pwnien00b

Reaction score
Thanks guys,

I have been looking at Shampoos like Aussie Aussome Volume, and Treseme Naturals. The don't contain the words sodium laureth/laurel sulfate in the indgrediants BUT still contain odd mixes of elements, haha. Anyone use these, and you think they are alright?