some basic questions about hair transplant?

shocksl

Reaction score
Hi guys

I am seriousily thinking of a hair transplant, as my hair from the top is thinning.

I have seen prices like £5000 for 7000 in south asian countries like India.

I have a few questions which I hope somebody can answer.

1)when i select a Dr, how do I knoiw which is good?

2) The transplanted hair, is it permenant and would it get damaged with DHT like the current hair I have?

3) whats a reasonable cost for a hairtransplant (grafts)

4) does it matter which hair is being transplanted i.e chest or beard?ts cover on the head?

5) final question , for example how much area does a 1000 or 7000 graf

thanks for any advice.

sachin

Reaction score
Hi Friend,
In response to your questions /remarks-
In India class surgeons charge less since there are less overheads unlike in western countries where taxes and wages have hit the roof. The charges can vary from USD 1-3 per graft (each graft has average 2 hair)
To select a doctor do not go by the hype. Choose a doctor with experience and that too after reading his profile and peer reviews.
The transplanted hair come from the permanent safe zone from the sides and back of the head and is immune to DHT- hence it is for all times.
In India a reasonable cost would be USD 1500 for 1000 grafts
Best hair is beard hair and scalp hairs.
I got mine done in India and found that with beard hair just 2 rows behnf the hairline give a wonderful density and bounce. It has now been one whole year after the procedure.
Body hair- chest, legs, etc. is very thin. It is best used as filler or for the crown area only.
Coverage depends on the density of packing. Density can vary from 30-65 per square centimeter.
Take care and choose your clinician well. There are a lot of good ones in India. But you need to search them out. make your own decision and I would not bias you.

thanks for any advice.