Some general advice needed for my system

Baldrik

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys. A fee questions

1) Just had a new system fitted and realised how soft they are when new compared to 7 months of wear. Is there a way to keep them as soft as this for as long as possible?

2) I really like the wet-look. Can we use brylcream with a system? Any recommended cream or gels can be used for that slick look?

3) where do people in the Uk usually order systems from?

4) any decent salons in the West London area? I live near Heathrow. Anything closer to me would be a really nice help.

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys. A fee questions

1) Just had a new system fitted and realised how soft they are when new compared to 7 months of wear. Is there a way to keep them as soft as this for as long as possible?

Use shampoo and conditioner when you wash the system. Use a leave in conditioner daily.

2) I really like the wet-look. Can we use brylcream with a system? Any recommended cream or gels can be used for that slick look?

Yes you can use brylcream or similar. I personally use a leave in conditioner cream from a company called Okay Pure Naturals: https://www.okaypurenaturals.com/leave-in-conditioners/

You can buy it in the UK from Amazon or other sites. I like their coconut or black castor oil leave in conditioners, but the others are good too. They have a variety of leave in conditioners which keep the hair nice and soft, give a slight wet look and provide a bit of hold but without the stickiness or dryness or gels, sprays etc. You can use their leave in conditioner as a styling product each day and it doesn't need to be washed out.

I DON'T recommend using gel, hairspray, hair mousse or anything like that because they make the hair system go dry, hard and britlle and it's difficult to get out and can damage the system.. But the leave in conditioner cream I mentioned is the best product for hair systems in my opinion. Believe me, over the years I've tried literally every type of hair product for hair systems and bio hair and this is the best in my opinion. Brylcream is good too, though I don't use it.

3) where do people in the Uk usually order systems from?

I get mine from Esse Wigs in China. They do customs too for a reasonable price and quick delivery time.

Last edited:

Baldrik

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does the shampoo and conditioner keep the lace soft too? How often do you wash your hair? The tape/ghost bond loosens each time I wash.

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Very good advice from Hair2019. I have used leave-in conditioner sprays for years now and they're great for keeping the hair shiny and giving a soft hold to the style.

As for ordering systems, I use a salon and they order the systems from the supplier. It's UTS only, not lace - my preference as UTS is so easy to maintain on my own. I've looked into Super Hair Pieces too and they look decent.

BTW the salon I use is in Guildford but they will only supply UTS systems.

I also live near Heathrow. Where do you order from and which stylist do you use?

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Very good advice from Hair2019. I have used leave-in conditioner sprays for years now and they're great for keeping the hair shiny and giving a soft hold to the style.

I've found leave-in conditioner spray so-so, but for me they didn't put enough moisture into the hair system and I'd find myself having to replenish the hair system with more spray every few hours in order to stop it drying out. But with the leave in conditioner cream I now use, it keeps the system hydrated all day long, in fact sometimes even for a few days.

Serum creams are good too.

Last edited:

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does the shampoo and conditioner keep the lace soft too?

Shampooing and conditioning in the shower does make the hair system softer, but it doesn't stay soft and hydrated for long so you will need to use some sort of leave in conditioner or serum in my experience. If you're talking about the lace itself rather than the hair, I would not worry about the lace being soft, just focus on the hair. Ideally you don't want to get too much hair product on the lace itself, though it's not the end of the world if you do.

How often do you wash your hair?

About once a week on average. I have bio hair on the back and sides and a hair system on my shaved area on top. Hair system hair does not get greasy or lank like bio hair because the natural oils from the scalp do not get into it, so you can actually go longer between washes with hair system hair in my experience, sometimes even a 2 to 3 weeks. Your bio hair will get greasy so will need washing. I do that about once a week in the shower and maybe top up with dry shampoo in between if need be to keep it looking refreshed.

I'd say about once a week on average to wash both your bio hair and hair system hair should be fine, but it depends on the climate you live in and your body chemistry.

On average I go about a month between attachments - I use Supertape for the back and sides (skin base) and Ghost Bond Platinum glue for the hairline (which is lace). The Supertape holds about a month no problem. I re-do the hairline every 3 to 7 days on average, which doesn't take long.

The tape/ghost bond loosens each time I wash.

Try washing with slightly cooler water as hot water can potentially weaken the bond as well as even cause a skin system to shrink slightly. Also, be gentle when washing your hair, not too vigorous. However, even if washing causes the bond to loosen a bit, it should reset itself after a while once the hair system dries and cools down.

Baldrik

My Regimen
Reaction score

As for ordering systems, I use a salon and they order the systems from the supplier. It's UTS only, not lace - my preference as UTS is so easy to maintain on my own. I've looked into Super Hair Pieces too and they look decent.

BTW the salon I use is in Guildford but they will only supply UTS systems.

I also live near Heathrow. Where do you order from and which stylist do you use?
I currently use one near Hammersmith. There’s a good one in Angel (Chez Andre Pai) but it’s quite far for a tidy up.

TEG

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I recently tried Pureology Color Fanatic Leave-in Conditioner, and nothing compares to it. It is out of this world. Not sure you can buy it in the UK though. It is also expensive, about $40 dollars a bottle. The shampoos and regular conditioner are amazing as well, but also expensive.

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
One other thing I forgot to add is that the leave in conditioner I mentioned also helps get rid of the 'poofy' hair look that some hair systems have when they're fresh from the factory. With 'poofy' systems, the hair kinda stands up a bit and looks sort of fake. But this conditioner tames all that down and makes it look perfectly natural. I am delighted about this. It has taken me years of trial and error to get hair system to the point where I can say they look totally natural and as close to undetectable as is possible (I've been wearing for nearly 5 years now).

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I recently tried Pureology Color Fanatic Leave-in Conditioner, and nothing compares to it. It is out of this world. Not sure you can buy it in the UK though. It is also expensive, about $40 dollars a bottle. The shampoos and regular conditioner are amazing as well, but also expensive.
This one?