Someguy88's Story - (21)

someguy88

Reaction score
Ok.. so I was looking around online and found this forum, and figured I'd register and post here..
I'm not exactly sure if this is in the right place but here goes..

I'm 21, and I've always had long thick hair, I wear it long, almost long enough to be put into a ponytail.

A couple days ago I noticed where my hair parted it seemed a bit.. more obvious than usual?

I can clearly recall, less than a month ago, being able to grab all of my hair and having a big handful of it.

I looked closer and I'm almost positive my hair is thinning.. it has to be at least 50% thinner than a couple weeks back.

When I move my hair around, normally you could see no part of my scalp at all, but now I look like I'm starting to go bald, I look old.

There's no way that I could loose that much hair in such little time over a hereditary hair loss thing.. (it does run in the family)
but at the rate things are going my hair will be as thin as my 80 year old grandpa's in less than a week.

It's not receding.. it's thinning out all over my head..

The only thing I can think of.. is a couple weeks back I ran out of shampoo, and had some Axe shower gel still..
I took a quick look at the label, and saw no warnings or anything, so I figured.. heck.. if it's good for the hair on my pits, it's good for the hair on my head right? Plus I figured I wouldn't mind having my hair smell good instead of like peaches or w/e shampoo I had..

I had been using the stuff for almost 2 weeks when I started to notice..

I've stopped using it, and got some pantine shampoo and conditioner.. nothing fancy..

But what I want to know is.. what do I do??

do I contact the axe customer support? how can I be sure that it actually was the axe?
I don't have any recent pictures at all..

What do I do to get things growing like normal again, if at all possible?

someguy88

Reaction score
Re: someguy88's story

I've read threads about some of their hair care products causing hair loss, confirmed by more than enough people that it was the axe.

My hair loss was too dramatically fast to be hereditary.

People don't just loose 50% of their hair's thickness, across their entire head over a two week period.

Also.. If you're going to say that it wasn't the axe.. please explain why you would think that, and what it could be instead, and maybe even how to deal with whatever it is if it isn't the axe.
Any 'Helpful' posts would be appreciated.

Thanks.

someguy88

Reaction score
Ok, I'm going to give things another day, to see if they get better or worse..

Today I did notice I was shedding a whole lot less than usual..
I can run my fingers through my hair and will find maybe one hair, or none..

I'm really hoping it was the axe, and my hair will just grow back in.

Thanks for your help and insight.. I'll let you know how things turn out.