Someone asked me if azelaic acid inhibits 98% of DHT...

CCS

Reaction score
I highly doubt that azelaic acid inhibits 98% of DHT because if it inhibited 98% of DHT, and propecia only inhibits 65-80%, then xandrox alone should blow away both propecia and propecia combined with minoxidil.

Dutasteride 0.5mg/day inhibits type 2 production that much, so xandrox should outperform dutasteride as well with it's minoxidil content.

I'm not hearing those results from xandrox users.

I also doubt it inhibits any DHT in vivo.

Any chemicals will inhibit DHT production at the right concentration. But will that concentration kill the cell, and is it possible to get that down to the follicles?

In the future, please post a new thread on the boards so everyone can read this. This one would have gone good under experimental or even minoxidil.

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Azelacid acid is the biggest joke among the hairloss treatments after procerin, avacor

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dr. Lee will claim that doing clinical studies is beyond his scope, too expensive.
Think about this, if you are convinced that Azelaic acid inhibits 98% dht, then you the cure for hairloss.
If you do clinical studies, and if azelaic acid indeed works, Dr. Lee or other doctors can go through FDA approval and become the richest man in the world.

finasteride and dutasteride will go out of market as they will be redundant after 100% reduction of DHT.

biglemoncoke

Established Member
Reaction score
does nizoral inhibits any % of dht? currently its the only regimen i am using..what else should i add? i am under 18 cannot use propecia yet

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
biglemoncoke said:
does nizoral inhibits any % of dht? currently its the only regimen i am using..what else should i add? i am under 18 cannot use propecia yet

Things you could consider include:

Zix / Super Zix (I'd try this first because it's fairly inexpenisve and it might be all you need - if you're super lucky :);

Copper Peptides (tricomin, folligen or american crew - my personal prefrence is tricomin therapy serum);

B-complex and Biotin (who knows? couldn't hurt);

After 6 - 8 months of zix / super zix and if you don't see any positive results, you can make the switch to crinagen or revivogen;

spironolactone (2% or 5%);

and when you really start feeling desperate, minoxidil 5%.

CCS

Reaction score
i don't believe in zix. i think it is just a unlikely as the azelaic acid. if either worked, there would be placebo controlled studies with 30 volunteers. yeah, it can't be patented, so maybe it could work. but I know the azelaic acid can't that much inhibit DHT or people Dr Lee fans would be regrowing a lot more hair.

i have not seen any tests to show that nizoral inhibits DHT. however, it does reduce sebum production, which often occurs when DHT is reduced from the type1 enzyme. i think that is why they think it reduces DHT. it did regrow some hair, though, compared to placebo, and it was statistically significant.

most of benifit from minoxidil just makes your 30% more thick when you use it and this ocures no matter when you start. however, minoxidil does also protect blood vessels near the follicle. for that reason, and not so much the appearant regrowth, it may be good to get on minoxidil sooner than later. If you get off it, you just lose the 30%, but at least your blood vessels will be healthier. get the 5% generic stuff for $6 per month. save money by diluting it 50% with 70% isopropyl rubbing alcohol. i don't think you need the 5% to protect yoru blood vessels. I'm going to make that switch soon. minoxidil can be bought at walgreens or walmart. it works everywhere you apply it, not just your crown. some people put it on their beard.

the rest of this is online, except for maybe the AC

definitely do the copper peptides. if you have intense hair loss in a small area and have money, go to http://www.drproctor.com and get the prox-N. If you have a bit less money, go to lef.org and get the diluted version in a bottle that looks the same. regardless, you need to cover your whole scalp with copper peptides every other day. Tricomin feels best, american crew revitalizing spray is next, and folligen diluted 50% is the very cheapest and is 1/3 the price of trcomin once diluted. it is concentrated.

spironolactone is good too, but not as effective as propecia. and you need a cream, which you can make by adding oil to the liquid 2%, and adding an non-lathering shampoo to emulsify it.

reducing your serum DHT levels might affect your puberty. ask Bryan about that. I doubt an 18 year old is different from a 17 year old, and since 18 year olds may use it, I think the reason is they tested 18 year olds and 17 year olds maybe can't participate in these studies. so it could be safe for you to use propecia, but just not legal for a doctor to prescribe it.

but if you have a credit card or bank card with a vis/mastercard logo,
go to http://www.inhousepharmacy.com and get the fincar, the 5mg finasteride, no prescription required, and free shipping, and it is descreet. you parents will just see a box. first ask bryan if he thinks it is safe. Unless you are 15 I think it will be, but ask him first. it is $30 for 30 pills. Get a $5 pill cutter and cut them in 4ths and take one a day. or even every other day if your finances are that tight. you will get about the same benifits as propecia either way.

each of these 3 will be cheaper per month than the nizoral, but keep using the 1% 2-3 times per week. you only need a small amount because it lathers.