someone's attempt at making spironolactone:

CCS

Reaction score
whats up, i ended up making my own spironolactone in cetaphil cream and it came out very messy. i dont know if its the binders or the cream but i was curious what u thought of this, what if i was to dissolve the pellets in X amount of alchohol(dont know what kind, or how much?) then i put it through a lab filter, which i have sever of and then let the alcohol dissolve in the oven.??

i was also curious if u can reccomend a less messy vehicle. thanks

-----------
the oven idea was to dissolve more using heat
-------------

alcohol will evaporate in the oven and catch on fire if not explode. If you are lucky, you will just have a suffocating ploom of alcohol come out when you open the oven.

Probably the reaon it was so messy is the pellets are 80% filler and 20% spironolactone. The filler settles to the bottom well in ethanol, but not thicker stuff like propylene glycol or cetaphil. I wish I knew the solubility of spironolactone in ethanol, but my goal is to use enough ethanol to shoot for 4%, then let it settle, use a dropper to take out the ethanol and not the filler, and then add my propylene glycol and other stuff to the ethanol to end up with a 2% thick solution with no filler. 2% is also a lot cheaper than 5%.

everyclear is relatively cheap. propylene glycol is very cheap.

CCS

Reaction score
OK, now the person PMing me said he uses a filter to get the chunks out. I guess I should try that. Then I can know for sure that it is all dissolving.

saucemcbrolock

Established Member
Reaction score
i didnt use a filter yet, thats my plan when my new spironolactone tabs come. Or i was told to just draw up everything but the filler with a syringe. Then i will just let the ethanol evaporate. you know more about this all than i do though.