Soon 30y Old And Hopeless! minoxidil And finasteride

growssj3

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Currently I am really helpless. Need your opinion and advice.

I started to notice my balding with 26y. I took minoxidil 5% without knowing about AA or Dht. It worked wonders, I had like 20%+ regrowth and was happy like sh*t.
After 1.5 Years I started losing ground rapidly!! So I added Finasteride. I took it 8 months and it didnt stop, I was still losing ground like sh*t. I had soft sides and quitted. I began with RU.

Ru turned out, to not help me and I kicked it. After 2.5 years (now) I ve lost everything and I am below baseline, my life is pretty much sh*t now. I finally added Finasteride again and wont stop it this time. Because I read that some patients even got results at the 12+ month mark.

What do you think. Is there any hope left? I mean I literally tried everything and maybe my shedding was so intense the first time that finasteride could not help that fast. I mean dht has to be the problem because minoxidil worked great at the beginning and then started to suck (cuz of no inhibition of dht?).

Thank you for reading!

Kidbako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I started to notice my balding with 26y. I took minoxidil 5% without knowing about AA or Dht. It worked wonders, I had like 20%+ regrowth and was happy like sh*t.
After 1.5 Years I started losing ground rapidly!! So I added Finasteride. I took it 8 months and it didnt stop, I was still losing ground like sh*t. I had soft sides and quitted. I began with RU.

Ru turned out, to not help me and I kicked it. After 2.5 years (now) I ve lost everything and I am below baseline, my life is pretty much sh*t now. I finally added Finasteride again and wont stop it this time. Because I read that some patients even got results at the 12+ month mark.

What do you think. Is there any hope left? I mean I literally tried everything and maybe my shedding was so intense the first time that finasteride could not help that fast. I mean dht has to be the problem because minoxidil worked great at the beginning and then started to suck (cuz of no inhibition of dht?).

Thank you for reading!
Well seems you're out of options and since it seems you didn't get sides I would stick with finasteride and minoxidil for a year and reassess..if you contantly shed on finasteride during the year I would move up to dutasteride along with minoxidil after a year on finasteride.

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Thank you for reading!
Sounds a lot like my story bro. I just switched to dutasteride and took my 2nd dosage a minute ago.

DHTpolice

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think 50mg of oral spironolactone will be enough to give you satisfying regrowth. Just combine it with finasteride or dutasteride and use with ketoconazole shampoo. Forget about minoxidil.

But be aware that spironolactone will block your androgen receptors, so you will experience some feminizing effects, but they are not so strong on 50mg ed. Higher dosages, like 100-300mg ed, are using for HRT; they will give you even better and quicker results, but sides might be pretty agressive for cis-men. Your skin will be smooth and dry (no itch, no sebum on scalp anymore), less body hair and low libido. And yes, you should know that spironolactone is a potassium-sparing diuretic, that means you should restrict your potassium intake. Simply avoid or reduce consumption of food rich on that element, and check your blood from time to time. Also monitor your BP, cause spironolactone will lower it.

growssj3

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys!
Ye I had only soft sides, currently I am on finasteride for about 3 Weeks again. Little bit libido thats all.

I cross my fingers that it will kick in. Should I try a 10% minoxidil instead of the 5%?

Bobster231

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks guys!
Ye I had only soft sides, currently I am on finasteride for about 3 Weeks again. Little bit libido thats all.

I cross my fingers that it will kick in. Should I try a 10% minoxidil instead of the 5%?

Try the 15 percent minoxidil

growssj3

Established Member
Reaction score
Is there any 15% product, which has good reviews and testimonials?

Do you think it could help, since I was a good minoxidil responder?

growssj3

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I have a question. One thing I totally dont understand.

You respond well to minoxidil and after time you will lose the regrowth. Its easy to explain, because DHT is still there and does its damage. And the better blood supply through minoxidil wont be enough.
But why the hell it doesnt get better when finasteride is added? It will "free" the follicle from dht and minoxidil should do its work better.

I did a bit research and find noone who was losing minoxidil hair and did better after adding finasteride. I just dont get it why? Am I missing something?