Soooo depressed....

missmyhairydays

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am sooooo thankful to have found this site! I am 36 years old and have been losing my hair for about 15 years, but especially the last 6 months, it has dramatically changed! :( You can completely see my scalp and I can't hide it anymore! I do know that I have had very low ferritin levels for about 2 years now. I have not been taking my iron supplements (bad reactions). My mom has this problem too.

My question is: is there ANY hope that if I treat the iron deficiency, that my hair will grow back even just a little? I will face the reactions if it means I can save my hair!

PLEASE if anyone can answer me, I would GREATLY appreciate it!

I am getting SEVERELY depressed about this. My hair is/was the only thing that made me feel good about myself, and now it is almost gone!

:sobbing:

Smooth

Experienced Member
Reaction score
(whats up with all the depressing threads all of a sudden ? :dunno: )

hazen

Reaction score
dont be depressed dear...i think it is heridetary....why dont you go for hair transplanting....

thetodd

Established Member
Reaction score
monty1978 said:
finfighter said:
missmyhairydays said:
Hi everyone, I am sooooo thankful to have found this site! I am 36 years old and have been losing my hair for about 15 years, but especially the last 6 months, it has dramatically changed! :( You can completely see my scalp and I can't hide it anymore! I do know that I have had very low ferritin levels for about 2 years now. I have not been taking my iron supplements (bad reactions). My mom has this problem too.

My question is: is there ANY hope that if I treat the iron deficiency, that my hair will grow back even just a little? I will face the reactions if it means I can save my hair!

PLEASE if anyone can answer me, I would GREATLY appreciate it!

I am getting SEVERELY depressed about this. My hair is/was the only thing that made me feel good about myself, and now it is almost gone!

:sobbing:

Treating your Iron deficiency is not enough. If you are experiancing hairloss it is probably from male pattern baldness as well. Make a doctors appointment to be sure, Get a prescription to Propecia or Proscar and take this medicine alongside Minoxidil, these are the ONLY hairloss treatments proven effective and safe.

Except they aren't that effective and are probably not safe. 20 years time we will probably find out how badly we were f****ing with oursleves!
Both rogaine and proscar have been used for over twenty years. If they were bad for us, we'd have known by now. Their effectiveness varies by the individual, but I'm pretty sure we aren't going to one day be told they are bad for us.