SP for a year?

Sir Guy of Frizzbourne

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone actually stuck with saw palmetto for a year? Anytime someone says finasteride doesn't do anything, the usual response is "give it a year." Anytime someone asks about saw palmetto, they instantly get shot down by people saying it flat ot doesn't work, but how many people actually give it a year. Also, if sp blocks a lower amount of DHT than finasteride, maybe it takes longer than a year to see results. Maybe two or three even. So seriously though, has even one person gone a full, straight year on it?

e reed

Established Member
Reaction score
I took it pretty regularly for at least a year. It didn't stop my hair loss progression, but it's hard to say if it slowed it down at all. No real positive results from taking Saw Palmetto for a year. Maybe using as a topical would show more results.

abcdefg

Reaction score
I dont think saw palmetto is strong enough at the 320mg to stop hairloss. Im not sure its strong enough to really slow it down either. It takes very high doses in theory and then just acts like propecia and of course has propecia like effects hence the reason to just take propecia instead if you want to inhibit dht through type 2 5 ar enzyme.

Pete

Established Member
Reaction score
abcdefg said:
I dont think saw palmetto is strong enough at the 320mg to stop hairloss. Im not sure its strong enough to really slow it down either. It takes very high doses in theory and then just acts like propecia and of course has propecia like effects hence the reason to just take propecia instead if you want to inhibit dht through type 2 5 ar enzyme.

Saw Palmetto may slow hairloss but you will lose ground.

TRY a combination of beta sis, pygeum, nettles.

Regards
Pete