Spectral RS

jimmyjames

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been using Spectral RS or have an opinion on it? Here's the website: http://www.divineskin.com/spectralRS/how.asp

What makes it different from Spectral DNC is that it doesn't contain minoxidil. My body hasn't been reacting well to minoxidil lately (I've been experiencing some pretty rare side effects, which is too bad, because in combination with spironolactone it was working well for me), so I'm looking for alternatives.

Spectral RS was recommended to me by another member of this forum, but I'm hoping for some more opinions. Even if you think it sounds like crap, I'd be interested to hear it. At the moment I'm only using Tricomin, but I don't think that will do much on its own.

Thanks!

JohnnySeville

Established Member
Reaction score
If you can't tolerate minoxidil, the RS would be a good option. Also consider using Proxiphen-N by Dr. Proctor.

Jm0311

Reaction score
johnnyseville said:
If you can't tolerate minoxidil, the RS would be a good option. Also consider using Proxiphen-N by Dr. Proctor.

what is the RS? ill have to take a look............is proxiphen a shampoo?

Jm0311

Reaction score
so what does RS do? lol whats the point of it? is it just like a revivogen therapy spray? anyone use this?

Jm0311

Reaction score
ah thanks...im only receding in my temples. im not a diffuse thinner. i guess i dont need it....maybe spectral DNC for me along with revita. since its only my right temple is it ok just to apply it there?

jimmyjames

Established Member
Reaction score
The major drawback of Spectral RS, in my opinion, is that it says right on their website that it's meant for "thinning" and not male pattern baldness. Here's a direct quote from the site:

"When used alone, Spectral RS® is not meant for androgenic alopecia (genetic male pattern baldness). For maximum results in the treatment of androgenic alopecia we recommend the use of Spectral DNC® — a topical treatment containing Minoxidil."

To tell you the truth, if I didn't get sides from Minoxidil, I wouldn't even be considering this treatment. But I don't really have many other choices, so I think it's worth a shot.

Jm0311

Reaction score
i hate having a grocery list of things...lol....i know ive said this before but i dont think i want to get on minoxidil now...im barely a Norwood 2. dont know if it would help me or not.....like ive said a thousand times

jimmyjames

Established Member
Reaction score
JM --

I'm not sure what your budget's like, but you might consider just using Rogaine or some other generic Minoxidil solution. The Rogaine foam (which is easy to use and not messy like the liquid) is much cheaper than Spectral DNC and usually works in a high percentage of people. The only drawback, of course, is that you have to use it for the rest of your life.

jimmyjames

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I replied before seeing your last post. To put it simply, if you don't want to use Minoxidil, stay away from Spectral DNC.

Jm0311

Reaction score
yea well rogaine foam isnt that expensive and i can just work it in like brushing my teeth as a new regimen for the rest of my life...lol or until something new comes out...i wish i had a camera for some pictures instead of my cellphone...just want some more opinion about my hairline if its worth it or not to get on minoxidil. spectral dnc might be good. but i dont think worth the money