spironolactone 2% or Xandrox 5%?

Luther007

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay, so I've been using Xandrox 5% for about 6 months now. At first I thought it was great, but now, I'm pretty skeptical about whether or not it's any better than regular minoxidil 5%. Not to mention it's way more expensive. I emailed Dr. Lee and explained this, stating that perhaps I should switch to 2%. He recommended that I do not do this, saying something like azelaic acid is just as good, or that I should ADD the spironolactone while still using Xandrox. Yeah right, I'm a damn student and this sh*t is expensive man!
I read on here that Bryan (one of the experts on these forums) doesn't agree, saying that Xandrox is just a more expensive minoxidil. If I switched to generic minoxidil and spironolactone 2% I'd definitely be saving myself some cash, but I've also read that you guys recommend sticking with one regimen for a good amount of time before switching things around. What are your opinions on Xandrox as opposed to spironolactone? It seems most of you use spironolactone. Should I wait maybe another six months before switching, should I not switch at all? What would you guys recommend? Any and all advice much appreciated.

-Luther