spironolactone 2% or Xandrox 5%?

Luther007

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay, so I've been using Xandrox 5% for about 6 months now. At first I thought it was great, but now, I'm pretty skeptical about whether or not it's any better than regular minoxidil 5%. Not to mention it's way more expensive. I emailed Dr. Lee and explained this, stating that perhaps I should switch to 2%. He recommended that I do not do this, saying something like azelaic acid is just as good, or that I should ADD the spironolactone while still using Xandrox. Yeah right, I'm a damn student and this sh*t is expensive man!
I read on here that Bryan (one of the experts on these forums) doesn't agree, saying that Xandrox is just a more expensive minoxidil. If I switched to generic minoxidil and spironolactone 2% I'd definitely be saving myself some cash, but I've also read that you guys recommend sticking with one regimen for a good amount of time before switching things around. What are your opinions on Xandrox as opposed to spironolactone? It seems most of you use spironolactone. Should I wait maybe another six months before switching, should I not switch at all? What would you guys recommend? Any and all advice much appreciated.

-Luther

absmon

Established Member
Reaction score
Dr. Lee must be really convinced about the efficacy of xandrox in inhibting DHT, otherwise, he wouldn't be promoting its use, knowing that patients' hair and well being (loss of hair leads to depression for many) is at stake. This especially true because he states xandrox can be used as a replacement for propecia. If you are not convinced then you should go for generic minoxidil and spironolactone 2%, which incidentally, I am also on with great results thus far (although I started spironolactone only 5 days ago).