spironolactone + .25 Propecia

Johnny22

Reaction score
I have been on spironolactone, Folligen and nizoral 1% for 6 months and I am still receeding. I got sunburn on the top of my forehead worse then ever before. I am thinking now to stay on spironolactone and take a 1/4 propecia. I read that .25 is almost as good as a whole pill, and I am kind of worried about the side effects, especially acne. My skin is already sensitive and I do not want to have a huge outbreak. So I am thinking to start out low and build up the dosage over time, plus I will still be on the spironolactone, folligen and nizoral. What do you think?

George Costanza

Established Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a good plan but your likely to have the same side effects as 1mg.

G

George Costanza said:
Sounds like a good plan but your likely to have the same side effects as 1mg.

Why would you have the same sides at a lower dose?

Please could you explain

Cheers

Ty

George Costanza

Established Member
Reaction score
The drug itself doesn't cause the side effects, it's the lack of DHT that causes the sides. If .25mg is just as good at inhibiting dht as 1mg then the sides are still going to be there because of the reduction of dht.

And I've read people's post on this very site who experimented with this and found the same sides. But at least it would save you money.

If you do however see less sides with .25 then your probably going to see less benefit as well.

Resultsnottypical

Established Member
Reaction score
Dr. Lee

A while back I wrote Dr. Lee regarding this very question, and his answer was the same (or whoever answered for him)...that if you see a benefit at .25, or .50, you are likely to see the same sides.

For me (currently taking between .25 and .50), the question is whether or not the sides will go away.