spironolactone Shed?

drew100

Reaction score
Ive been using minoxidil 5% at night and on my hairline and for 6 months now it has helped maintain hairs. However, I recently decided to combine it with Dr.Lee's 5% spironolactone lotion to give it an extra kick but instead ive been noticing a couple of hairs falling out on the hairline, which ive been freaking out about. Should I worry or is this normal with spironolactone+minoxidil since it helps to absorb the minoxidil better? Should I get off spironolactone?

SoThatsLife

Established Member
Reaction score
When did you add spironolactone, if its around a month, it could be spironolactone. Or it could be a minoxidil shed.

A shed after adding a new product is often a good sign, read up on shedding. I know it's hard. A combo of spironolactone and minoxidil is better than minoxidil alone, spironolactone helps with the basic reason of balding.

drew100

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply, i just started spironolactone last week so you might be right that its just a small initial shed. Its just that I emailed Dr.Lee and he stated that minoxidil absorbtion increases when used in conjuction with the spironolactone so it might be a boost to minoxidil efficency

Fundi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I read spironolactone did not cause shedding??

(Think I read that on Dr Lees site?)

drew100

Reaction score
Ya I dont think it is responsible for shedding, but i was informed that it helps to absorb the minoxidil better so it may just be due to that and the scalp receiving more of it.