spironolactone!

the frog

Reaction score
What's up everyone. Long time reader, first time poster.

Anyone use spironolactone or any of Dr. Lee's products? I just ordered my first batch of 5% spironolactone and I would like to know if it has been helpful for anyone. Dr. Lee seems pretty legit.

I will be taking this and 5% minoxidil once every evening. My head can't take minoxidil more than once a day- too ichy, even with aloe and nizoral.

Do you think once a day is pointless? I hope not.

Best,
Frog

Paludist

Reaction score
Hi,

My doctor order me to take oral spironolactone since a few months 50 mg/day against blood pressure. No side effects. I see my hair become stronger and grow faster (about 2cm/month and 20 lost, 1cm/month and 50 to 100 lost before).

Palu, from Belgium

:freaked2:

UPsideDown

Reaction score
I use lee's 5%spironolactone for 2mos. now havent really noticed a difference yet! buh i hope next few months bring a lil sompin sompin!

I only use 1 time - @night!

USD! 2hot2handle -n- 2cold2hold!

viperfish

Reaction score
It's an anti-androgen. Do not expect much in the way of results. It might help you maintain, but you will most likely not see a cosmetic difference in your hair.

the frog

Reaction score
viperfish said:
It's an anti-androgen. Do not expect much in the way of results. It might help you maintain, but you will most likely not see a cosmetic difference in your hair.

Unless you are using something to help grow like minoxidil, then you have a chance of growing new hair and maintaining it, right?

Goes for propecia, too, doesn't it?

Petchsky

Reaction score
the frog said:
viperfish said:

Unless you are using something to help grow like minoxidil, then you have a chance of growing new hair and maintaining it, right?

Thats the theory. Most do, some don't.

minoxidil is best for regrowth, people differ on propecia from none to good regrowth.

viperfish

Reaction score
the frog said:
viperfish said:

Yes if your using minoxidil with spironolactone then you have a chance of obtaining some cosmetic results (thicker hair, etc.)