spironolactone

Mir3

Reaction score
I did a little more research on this site and saw a lot about the spironolactone product.

I am thinking of using spironolactone (liquid at night, since i have no total bald spot and dont really care about my receding hairline) and Xandrox 5% am and pm. Has anyone used this combo? Any good results? I would rather try the spironolactone than propecia.

Apparently the really bad smell from a few months ago is not as much a problem anymore. Can anyone verify that? Thanks for all your help again guys. This page rocks! :lol:

viceroy

Reaction score
In my experience, the smell isn't bad unless you use a ton of it, or when the stuff breaks down because of heat (like if you are exercising with it on your head, or the sun bakes it.)

hoping

Established Member
Reaction score
that is what im doing..15% at night with spironolactone....you do smell it somewhat but not unbearable or annoying really...but you do smell like he said when heat or what not is involved but not a great deal. i also use 5% in the morning..like you i dont want to get on finasteride so spironolactone is the last thing before i consider finasteride.

Mir3

Reaction score
Hey guys thanks for the response.

Hoping, how long have you been doing the spironolactone and minoxidil? How have your results been thusfar?

hoping

Established Member
Reaction score
i was on 5% only for a year and the results were so awesome...but then december rolled around and i started to heavy shed really bad...then in jan i decided to add in 15% at night...i kept emailing and asking Dr. Lee he said i was in tegen whatever im drunk can tthin sorries...but he also said i might be in the accelerated genetic hairloss phase and should ben ending right now and should start seeing results since i have been on this regime for 4 an dhalf months...i add spironolactone 3 months ago....i see regrowth on my temples...but my front stilll hastn thickened up yet.....i have a 6 month supply of fincar im holding out for one mor emonth to see if he is right....if not im starting fincar...but i have read othe rpeople have had great results with the 2% spironolactone.