Splitting Proscar

bbking

Reaction score
Hey all,

So I tried to get my doctor to write a prescription for Proscar. It took quite a bit of explaining and convincing to get her to believe that Proscar = Propecia in a higher dose. She finally wrote a prescription, and said, 1/5 pill every day. The pharmacy didn't want to fill it because, "What the hell is 1/5 pill?" They noted that because Proscar is so small, it would be impossible to split it into five even pieces. So she's concerned that it's not possible and said that if I don't get a solution for this, she's just going to prescribe propecia.

So how are you splitting people splitting it?

Thanks!

not me!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
A pill cutter works. They are about $6 at CVS. I just used a knife, though and it works great. I split the pills into quarters, not fifths, though.

bbking

Reaction score
Is it easy to do, though? My doctor gave me the impression that Proscar is too small to "accurately" split into even pieces. Did you find that to be the case? I've never seen Proscar, so I have no idea whether or not she's right.

G

bbking said:
Hey all,

So I tried to get my doctor to write a prescription for Proscar. It took quite a bit of explaining and convincing to get her to believe that Proscar = Propecia in a higher dose. She finally wrote a prescription, and said, 1/5 pill every day. The pharmacy didn't want to fill it because, "What the hell is 1/5 pill?" They noted that because Proscar is so small, it would be impossible to split it into five even pieces. So she's concerned that it's not possible and said that if I don't get a solution for this, she's just going to prescribe propecia.

So how are you splitting people splitting it?

Thanks!

just slap the silly b**ch around the face and tell her to stop being an arse. Cut the f****r into 4.

gonna_win

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Do a search for pill splitting by TynanW he had a brillian post a month or so ago about splitting a proscar pill into 5's