spong21's story - (age 21, receding, with pics)

spongey

Reaction score
Hey all! ive been reading this forum now again on and off since I first relised my hairloss wasnt stopping as I hoped though never posted until now. I noticed I was receeding at about 17, at that time I spoke to my dad (who is bald) and he said it was just natural to loose abit of hair around that age and it would stop, sadly 4 years on now it hasnt!

It did realy get to me around the age of 19 beacuse I thought I was the only one of my age going bald, but when reading these forums and finding out it wasnt just me it gave me a confidence boost. Now at almost 21 im not so bothered about my hair loss, I want to stop it of course, and do wish to gain some of it back if I can, but I do not to let it run my life worrying about it.

At this time my hair is of medium length, ive always liked to have my hair long even with the balding short hair just doesnt suit me. I started useing thickning shampoo (nutrasome) and thinking serum (nutrasome) again these seem to have had a ok impact on my hairs volume its not quite as thin but my hair is still receeding on the temples. Also I have noticed recently the hair at the back near my neck and some of the hair at the front of my head is very very thin, almost like baby hair. It doesnt seem to have the strength or length of any of my other hair. Im not sure if this is beacuse of my balding or something totaly differnt. Because from what I gather hair at the back near the neck is the last thing to be lost in male pattern baldness.

Okey thats my story, now for the pictures!
dsc00742aa0.jpg

This is the right temple as you can see a considerable receed, however I can still feel small hairs in the area which arnt visable to the naked eye.
dsc00745nt0.jpg

This is the left temple again you can see the receed and again I can feel small hairs there.
dsc00756np4.jpg

This is my hair from the front, you can see the recceding both sides and the smaller baby like hairs I taked about earlier poking out around the sides.

So all in all I want to try and keep this receed at bay, and hopefuly regain some. From what I gather from reading this forum temples seem to be one of the hardest places to regain hair so im not expecting much. I was thinking of using regaine, though im not sure. I dont want to use anything that have a large chance of side effects or more hair loss. Also I would like to try an improve the thickness of my hair as a whole. Does anyone know any good shampoos which can be used along with treatments like regain to give mediumly long hair alot of thickness?

Any and all advice much appreciated :)

Thinneritgoes!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: 21 year old male, longish hair and balding! (with pics)

You should see good results with the big 3. Get on finasteride/minoxidil/nizoral. Give it AT LEAST a year. Trust me. You'll get some thickening in that front.

spongey

Reaction score

So I am looking to purcahse 2% or 1% nirozal and rogaine foam? anyone know a good place to order these from to the uk? oh and is regaine the same as rogaine? beacuse I can get that from boots.

Also how often should I be using these for my level of hair loss? Rogaine 5% twice a day? just on my temples? or all over?

And can I use nirozal with my thickning shampoo I am using at the moment?

I want to aviod taking any form of finasteride just yet, for the reason I dont realy have the money to be able to afford it all at the moment since im a student. And the possible brain fog side effect realy wouldnt help me along considering about im about to go into my final year of university.

I am alredy taking, multibionta which is a multi vitamin that pretty much conatains 100% of ure daily allowance for every vitamin probiotic and minreals known to man. Along with this I do take suplements for body building 2 meals a day which contain almost 400% of vitamin b12 along with other things so im definatly not lacking in the vitamins department!

thinman2

Reaction score

yeah its called regaine in England, its the same thing

spongey

Reaction score

Hey all, just thought id update my situation. Just started on the rogaine and nizoral today and so far 3 hrs in have had 90% regrowth on my temples! I wish lol.

So my regime is Rogaine Foam 5% twice half a cap on the temples then rubing the excess on the center of the hair. - http://www.minoxidil-direct.co.uk/Rogaine_Foam.htm

Nizoral 1% shampoo twice weekly - http://www.minoxidil-direct.co.uk/nizoral.htm

Nutrasome Thickning Shampoo on the off days - http://www.boots.com/shop/product_d...1022047&classificationid=1037288&slmRefer=000

Nutrasome Thickning Serum every other day- http://www.boots.com/shop/product_detai ... mRefer=000
Not too shure if il bother keeping that one up since I never noticed any real effects, its supposed to improve blood flow to the hair will probably just use it until its used up then quit.

Multibionta Vitamin Tablets 1 a day - http://www.boots.com/shop/product_details.jsp?productid=1010739&classificationid=1046321

Also on a bulking diet of around 5.5k calories a day along with this totaly unrelated but may factor in.

Will update in a few weeks, hoping this works to some extent!

:punk:

spongey

Reaction score
Update August 4th.

So its been an pretty much a month and things are going well, gonna split this into sections to make things easier to read.

Hair
Right temple -
dsc00798dv9.jpg

There has been some minimal regrowth at the very back and the smaller white hairs that only can be seen when light reflects off of them are more in number.

Left temple -
dsc00799re8.jpg

This ones a bit stranger I seem to have lost some thickness at the very peak of the receede but some random small dark new hairs are growing where there havnt been any for years as you can see. And again more small white hairs seem to have appeared.

Overall head hair -
dsc00815uj5.jpg

This seems to be thicker overall though it may just be a placebo effect still has alot of small darker hairs as you can see, and havnt had any major shedding yet, dont know if this is a good or a bad thing.

dsc00818hy3.jpg

Also thought id add an image of my fringe brushed forward, should be the best way of testing overall thickness I hope. As you can see its still very fine an wispy.

Body/Facial Hair - Dont know weather this goes in here or on side effects but no change noticed so far.

Side effects
Some darkness under the eyes but most likely a result of my crappy sleeping pattern

Other Notes
Dont know if anyone else has noticed this but when I get any sort of tan, you probably cant tell from the pics but I am actualy browner lol. I can see where my old hair line used to be, it doesnt tan for some reason even when the other hair is not covering it and the sun is shineing directly on the receedes.

Oh and also the can of roganie foam seems to be lasting well, at this rate my 4th month supply should last me 8-10 months I hope!

spongey

Reaction score
Update September 15th.

Two months in noticed alota shedding epsicaly around the temple areas. Pics speak for themselves.

Hair
Right temple -

Alot of the smaller hairs at the peak of the temple have shedded,noticed smaller hairs appearing futher down the temple in random places aswell.

Left temple -

Alot of shedding again and getting alot of new hairs appearing futher forward on the temple again.

Overall head hair -

As said had some shedding, hairs slightly thinner.

Body/Facial Hair- Dont know weather this goes in here or on side effects but no change noticed so far.

Side effects
None noticed