stampede's story

stampede

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hi there gents,

I'm Adam from the UK and have recently started to research ways to treat my ever worsening male pattern baldness.

I'd say I'm about a NW2.5 with vertex, but I have quite a large forehead so it looks worse than that. I've been using 5% minoxidil 2x a day for about a week now, and have used 2% minoxidil 2x a day for a few months before that with small but noticeable results. I've started using Nizoral 3x a week and have started on finasteride today, having just got my generic Proscar through the post from Hong Kong. Yay :D

Adressing my male pattern baldness is just part of me looking after myself a lot better these days. I used to have a very unhealthy lifestyle until last December, I was smoking, drinking too much and doing drugs. After a horrible experience which I won't bother going into here, I decided to turn my life around, and have given all that up. I've sorted my head out, worked up a serious sweat in the gym, had my teeth whitened, made moves in my career etc...

So, that's me, I'm not looking for anyone to give me a medal lol, but just wanted to give you all some context :)

I've taken a quarter of a Proscar tablet this morning. I understand that the regular finasteride dose for male pattern baldness is 1mg, meaning that I'd have to split the tablet into 5ths. I don't wanna sound cheap, but I'd like to stretch what I have as far as I can, I have a lot of competing priorities for my money at the moment (braces next, and that's not going to be cheap!! :( ), so would I get away with doing 1.25mg/day for 4 days, then a day off?

Apart from that, does anyone have any tips for me on what else I should be doing?

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
Stick with it!!!! Do not get discouraged if you don't see results right away. It looks like you have the basics down