start using revivogen b4 5% minoxidil?

Dimebolt3000

Reaction score
I have recently noticed thinning in the crown and was wondering if revivogen would be a good place to start fighting male pattern baldness.(as opposed to 5% monox, because revivo fights DHT and regrows hair where 5% minoxidil only regrows hair) My father is bald, so i am probably prone to it.

Thanx in advance guys!
Bolt

Molecular Help

Established Member
Reaction score
Revivogen does indeed attack the cause of male pattern baldness, where minoxidil does not. In my opinion, any regimen should fundamentally attempt to stop the balding process, which revivogen does.

Finasteride does too, even better. I assume you know this and are trying to avoid side effects... I say give it a trial run and if you have any problems quit and try revivogen. Side effects are quit rare and go away when you stop using finasteride. Plus I'm pretty sure if you cut up proscar it's cheaper than revivogen, and it's easier to take a pill than apply a topical.

But anyways revivogen is still a better first choice than minoxidil. I don't use either though so I'm not a primary source. I can only confirm it's superiority in theory. I do use finasteride though and it seems to be working. I'm three and half months in and shed much less hair than I used to. No lasting side effects whatsoever.

MH

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
What approach you take depends on how thorough you want to be. If you want to limit the effects of DHT as effectively as possible, you have to use the systemic drug in propecia. But while that will inhibit DHT formation, it won't stop it completely, so using a topical DHT fighter such as Revivogen could still be helpful. Copper peptide solutions such as Tricomin or Folligen may also help to inhibit DHT, although I don't believe that is known for sure. Procyte has some citations on their site at http://www.procyte.com. Minoxidil takes a completely different approach, which is to strengthen the hair shaft and protect it from the effects of DHT and whatever else may cause it to thin and fall out prematurely.

If you really want to fight hair loss, use all the weapons at your disposal, propecia, Revivogen, Minoxidil and one of the copper peptide solutions. There is some evidence that Nizoral shampoo also has beneficial effects for retaining hair or helping to regrow it, although the mechanism is not clear.

Molecular Help

Established Member
Reaction score
mvpsoft said:
If you really want to fight hair loss, use all the weapons at your disposal, propecia, Revivogen, Minoxidil and one of the copper peptide solutions.

Dimebolt3000 said:
I have recently noticed thinning in the crown

mvpsoft has given you a list of the most proven and successful hair loss treatments. However I don't think you situation neccessitates every one of them right away. I say this because you have no bald spots or recession, and you just recently noticed loss in the crown, the area that has the best chance of responding to treatments with regrowth. You have an excellent chance of holding off hair loss using revivogen or propecia, though if you feel you really need regrowth, you will probably have to add minoxidil. But not right away! Wait 6-12 months before adding new treatments to your regimen. This allows you to see if you truly need something else- you may get the results you want out of any ONE of these treatments, no sense wasting your money. Remember, every hair loss treatment you start you have to continue indefinitely so simplicity is key.

Also, if you read through here you'll notice a lot of people freaking out about "sheds"- losing a ton of hair each day for weeks. Treatments have the potential to do cause shedding, and if you start them all around the same time you can have a miserable first YEAR as the different treatments cause shedding at different and overlapping times. Patience is important, hair takes a long time to grow gotta fight it slower than you want to.

just my opinion

MH

Dimebolt3000

Reaction score
thank you very much gentlemen, great advice, greatly appreaciated

good luck to all