Started losing at 22; Now 28 : Stabilised thanks to...

olduserwhocameback

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I hope you liked the incomplete title, I guess that's why you are now reading here :)

I used to come a lot to this forum in my younger years when I started losing my hair and needed to find some good advice on a topic that is actually a big taboo or full of fully haired hair stylists giving advice with no self experience.

So now that I am older, I can share all my beautiful wisdom :)

The forum introduced me at 22 to finasteride 0.5mg and minoxidil foam 5% which I both tested separately for 1 year each.

Here is what happened :
-On finasteride : my hairloss got worse and I got tired of using it because of lack of sex drive.
-minoxidil gave me very small regrowth. I then started using dermatch which made the use of minoxidil very difficult. I thus decided to stop and to stick with a nice and clean application of dermatch.

Somehow after I quit minoxidil my hairloss stabilized(although losing the few hairs I had won from it).

The explanation I have for this stabilization is related to when I started paying attention to two underrated elements causing hairloss : lack of vitamins and head itching.

Head Itching :
Everyone who experienced dandruffs knows that it often goes along with an itchy sensation over the scalp.
But I noticed that this itching sensation also occur on periods of big stress or during sport.
And I realised that it was during those time that I was losing the most hair in the shower.
So my main goal became to get rid of the dandruffs and to get rid of the itchiness.

I tried many many shampoos without results, including Nizoral(which is very harsh by the way)

Lack of vitamins :

I do not have any scientific argument to back it up, however I feel it is necessary to get a shampoo with vitamins.
And I noticed that a lot of people with hairloss use special shampoos with this or this miracle ingredient to fight hairloss, but they lack the most basic elements : vitamins that will help your bulb to regenerate(B3,B5,B6)

I agree that it may be worthile to try a shampoo who has a new element that look good for fighting hairloss, but I do believe that a lot of people forget to get those essential vitamins.

So what worked for me to stabilise my hair loss an to stop this damn itchiness :
Klorane Quinine with B5,B6, vitamins, every other day. In alternance with Fructis Volume in alternance with Fructis anti dandruffs(both have B3-B6 vitamins)
I also put once a month argane oil on my scalp during the shower.

Those are really good products that also give you a great hair density.

One last advice for the road : never scratch your scalp, rub it with your palm in a massaging way.

Thank you for reading, I hope this may help.

olduserwhocameback

Reaction score
Sorry, no pictures. But it is a very good shampoo, just give it a try if you have a itchy scalp because itchyness = further hair loss.