Started noticing thinning around age 26

StopThinning

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm new to this forum. I've been reading a bunch on hair loss over the past couple years and I figured I may as well add my bit as well.

A couple years ago I noticed thinning on the crown of my head along with a slight thinning around the temple areas. At first I hadn't noticed the crown, and just thought maybe it was my hair lightening up during the summer months which it has done in the past around the temple areas.

The day I really noticed it was when I had seen myself from behind in a picture. At first I didn't think it was me, but after seeing another one with more of a profile angle I could definitely tell it was me. I really didn't know how to take it. I became really nervous and for the next couple hair cuts I was really self conscious about it when the barber would show me the back of my head through the mirror.

After doing a bit of research, and thankfully catching the thinning early on, I decided to start trying some growth stimulants to see if it had any effect. I bought a small bottle of Minoxidil and began using it twice a day as described. It really only took about 2 months to notice a complete change. I'm always the type of person who tries to stop the use of medication if at all possible, so I slowly started decreasing the dosing and have yet to notice any major changes.

Because of that I've begun wondering if in fact I have been suffering from androgenic alopecia or if maybe this was more stress related? A year or so earlier I had developed an inflammatory arthritis in a couple joints after a really stressful few months, and after moving away from the situation the arthritis seemed to heal itself almost immediately. I'm wondering if this maybe is the same thing only a year down the road.

Has anyone else experienced stress related hair loss that has fairly quickly reversed itself? Or am I maybe just delaying the inevitable and giving myself some false hope.

Either way I wanted to say hi to everyone, and I look forward to continue learning and discussing with everyone.

Bryan