Starting Big 3 In My 40's Probably Too Late

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
keep at it you do have some regrowth and you are at least keeping what you have and its good.

Did hair transplant surgeon say you are candidate for surgery?

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you. Yes, he said I had a really good donor area. He asked me if i would prefer to fix the crown or temples. I really don't care about the front too much at my age, but I never got over having this big shiny spot in the back. 3 months ago the whole crown was slick bald, so i'm hoping I can get a bit more coverage and then get a transplant in a year.
The temples are the first thing that people see about you. I suggest temples.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, you're probably right, but the bald spot destroys my confidence. I'm praying for a miracle, that the crown will fill in so I can get a transplant in the front. I do realize that's not likely to happen.
I haven't applied any foam on my temples and I have about 10 hairs on each side growing where I had nothing. I may start adding Rogaine there as well.
]

apply it every where not just the bald spot i mean dont over dose it but cover where you have hair loss

DeterminedGuy

Reaction score
Seems like 4 month mark really started to show life. Definitely regrowth, looking at month 5 I cant tell if its lighting but not much regrowth but longer thicker hair. Keep at it! The rate of improvement before 4 months is very encouraging.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I first noticed I my hairloss in my early 20's in my temples. By the time I was 25 people started making comments about the "hole in the back of my haircut". I have been wearing a hat ever since, I am now 41 years old.
I tried Rogaine and Nizoral 2% for about 8 months in my mid 30's but all I got was some vellus hairs in my crown and it seemed to push my hairline back quite a bit. I gave up on it and decided I would just wear the hat.
3 months ago I decided to go to a local hair transplant surgeon. He gave me a prescription for Propecia and I started taking it 93 days ago along with Rogaine Foam twice a day and Nizoral 2% twice a week. I only use the foam on my midscalp and shiny crown. I'm starting to see some new hair growing on my crown where it was slick bald. It's not enough to make a cosmetic difference but I'm hoping it will fill in some more.

24gshg2.jpg

For anybody, dead follicles cannot be revived.

Dying follicles can though.

You just discovered you had a bald spot after cutting your hair???????

Kris89

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think it's too far gone at all. If anything the past 6 months have shown that on propecia you'll likely be able to stabalise your loss (and have some growth too). So I would assume that with a transplant, the area will continue to fill out and you won't lose any of the other hair while on the drug.

I'd do it personally