starting depo provera

antonio666

Reaction score
now after 12 months off avodart,6 months of finasteride,5 months of minoxidil,i am going to add depo provera,i have held this off for a long time praying that the meds work but they have been a spectacular disaster.

i also do not have any real hope for depo provera but will give it a 3 month run,if this fails then i am finished

G

haha wtf? isnt that the womans birth control shot?

i remember my girlfriend in high school got that and it made her a huge b**ch.

how is womans birth control gonna save your hair?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
What great lengths some people will go through just to grew some hair! :shakehead: :shakehead: :shakehead: :shakehead:

bubka

Reaction score
antonio666 said:
now after 12 months off avodart,6 months of finasteride,5 months of minoxidil,i am going to add depo provera,i have held this off for a long time praying that the meds work but they have been a spectacular disaster.

i also do not have any real hope for depo provera but will give it a 3 month run,if this fails then i am finished
you are nuts

blueshard

Established Member
Reaction score
I wish I could help you.

I understand your desperation but I think you fail to realize how transient our lives are.

We are here for such a short, short period of time man.

Do you want to face your fears, or hide from them?

I think you are strong enough to face them and then become a better person because of it.

G

could someone explain to me how anyone could think that taking a female birth control injection will save their hair?

bcapop

Established Member
Reaction score
Depo-Provera is also used with male sex offenders as a form of chemical castration as it has the effect of drastically reducing sex drive in males.

:woot:

el_duterino

Reaction score
since you don't seem to mind a reduction in sex drive, I would look into topical flutamide..the strongest anti-androgen. just put a lot of it 2 or 3 times a day..this will totally stop androgenic alopecia.

IBM

Reaction score
el_duterino said:
since you don't seem to mind a reduction in sex drive, I would look into topical flutamide..the strongest anti-androgen. just put a lot of it 2 or 3 times a day..this will totally stop androgenic alopecia.

So why people dont use it? Where's the results?

IBM

Reaction score
It take balls to trip in such extreme measure so I BOW before this man. Well i dont think 3 months is enough to test. I would give one year.

From my experience regrowth only is shown after 1 year and half. If people give only three months then its not meds fault for the failure. ITS THE PATIENT FAULT.

Checkout cipoterone acetate for better results.

el_duterino

Reaction score
Hey Philly, can you explain how exactly lasers work in stopping hairloss ? is it the heat ? does it do something to DHT or what ?

cheers
El Duterino

bubka

Reaction score
seriously, lets think what exactly is depo prevera... or most other female birth control pills:

a constant level of progesterone (which keep ovulation)
and a few pill of estrogen (which cause menstruation without ovulation)

WTF does any of those have to do with male pattern baldness?

I heard this girl is on depo prevera
64124-attention20whore3lm9.jpg

IBM

Reaction score
depo provera is used by transgenders. It is used for chemical castration.