Starting "My Story" Advice & Help would be appreciated!

Marky_Marc

Reaction score
Hi Guys,I have decided to sign up today to start what will be a long but hopefully successful battle against hair loss. I have decided to act early to preserve as much of my hair as I have seen from the results on this forum that prevention is no doubt better than a cure.A bit about me:I am a 26 year old male who has recently immigrated to Perth, Western Australia from Scotland. It is only since i have moved over have i really ever thought of losing my hair. It basically started after getting seriously sunburn on the top of my head after a few days at the beach surfing shortly after i arrived here (i came from Scotland which is always cold!). Over the next two months i experienced severe shedding from the top of my head. It was a very worrying time for me as my hair, which has always been thick got very thin so quick, and everyone i know thought i was going bald! I was devastated and took action by using Minoxidil for 2 months. I seen no real change as expected still mass shedding, at that point my girlfriend got really worried ,she said she would still love me if i did go bald, which got me even more worried! I ran out of Min and my gf bought me Nioxin shampoo/conditioner which actually stopped my shedding and regrowth happened pretty quickly. I am not sure if it was the Minoxidil, Natural regrowth after my very bad sunburn or the Nioxin. Maybe it was a combination of them all? Anyway i am definitely sticking with the Nioxin as i feel it done something for me. I really just want to stop my hair line receding anymore as im starting to notice it. Its not too bad, but i would like to try and stop it getting any worse. I will put some pics up later :) What I know:From reading the forum, it looks like i should start the big three. Any good suggestions on websites to purchase Finasteride & Nizoral and dosages?Thanks for your help and look forward to a long and successful story on these boards :) Marc