Starting on Propecia, going to Proscar

Style

Reaction score
im pretty sure this wilil work, but i just want to make sure. Im starting out on 30 propecia tablets, then switching to proscar 1/5 after that. it should be okay right?

G

Style said:
im pretty sure this wilil work, but i just want to make sure. Im starting out on 30 propecia tablets, then switching to proscar 1/5 after that. it should be okay right?

Proscar uses a different dye for the pill coating (blue as opposed to the pale brown of propecia)). It is generally reccomended that when changing from one medication to another, especially in regard to male pattern baldness, that you move clockwise through the color spectrum and not anti-clockwise. Propecias coating is around -60° whilst proscars blue is around -170°, so whilst not warning against this move I would think it would be cautious to introduce other colors into your diet for the transition period to diffuse any spectral issues.

Ty

Style

Reaction score
tynanW said:
Style said:

Proscar uses a different dye for the pill coating (blue as opposed to the pale brown of propecia)). It is generally reccomended that when changing from one medication to another, especially in regard to male pattern baldness, that you move clockwise through the color spectrum and not anti-clockwise. Propecias coating is around -60° whilst proscars blue is around -170°, so whilst not warning against this move I would think it would be cautious to introduce other colors into your diet for the transition period to diffuse any spectral issues.

Ty