Starting Proscar (pics And Info Inside)

Aleksa97

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello!
I've posted a few times before here, but I am starting this new thread because I'll start to use proscar. Since I don't have propecia available in my country, I will buy proscar and cut it into 5 pieces. I think 1mg will be enought to start with. Little info about my hairloss. I think it started 2 years ago maybe even more when I was 17. I am 19 now, and I really want to stop it.

Family history :
Both of my grandparents have a fcking Norwood 1 at the age of like 70+ (they basically have better hair than me). My uncle aswell has full head of hair. My dad always had noticable temples something like Charlie Sheen and a straight hairline. He had his hair like that since I can remember. He started thining a bit now at 52 just in the front, but he certanly did not lose hair at 19 like I do. I would say he has his hair exactly like Charlie Sheen's now just a bit shorter.

Treatment :
- So like I said as of 1st of October I will be using 1 mg of proscar every day ( is that too much? Should I use it every other day?)
- I'll buy those hair supplement pills with biotin and that stuff ( just in case it helps )
- I am using this like anti hairfall natural shampoo that makes hair grow faster ( don't have Nizoral over here is there any replacement?
- Try to eat more food that help the hair

All in all biggest thing here is the proscar, I'm not adding minoxidil still.

My hair :
I wear my hair a bit longer - past my ears. It is very important to my as I had it like that for the whole life. My hair has been falling out constantly in the past few years like it literally didnt stop. It isn't falling out in some huge numbers ( like 300+ but rather than 20-30 hairs when I comb every day), but if I pull my hair with my fingers it usually goes out. I notice this hairs because I have longer hair. In 90% of time my hair has some white crap like a bulb at the end, dont know what does it mean but just putting that here. No one notices my hairloss mainly because I wear my hair longer, but I fell that it is way thinner that it used to be. I notice small hairs that are in my hairline (minaturized hairs) I would say and I think that my hairline is receding. I maybe have soke thining at the crown aswell but I just think it is the way my hair is parted.

TBH I am fcking terrified to start proscar after reading all the negative comments about propecia but heck I need to stop this sh*t. I posted photos below, and one of it is how I style my hair ( its semi-whet there) . When I start the treatment, I will post here from time to time. If you have something to add, please do, each opinion is valuable. Sorry for the long post.

Attachments

• IMAG1107.jpg
    IMAG1107.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 498
  • IMAG1109.jpg
    IMAG1109.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 477
  • IMAG1108.jpg
    IMAG1108.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 488
  • IMAG1111.jpg
    IMAG1111.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 473

Aleksa97

Established Member
Reaction score
So it it is more than 7 days since I took my first Proscar. I've took one more after 3 days, and that's it. As I said I am taking fairly small dose (around 0.25-0.4 mg) and I am not taking it every day also. So far so good. I have 0 side effects. In terms of hair, nothing has changed. My hair still falls out whenever I pull it with my fingers. I will continue to use the drug.
1 question. If I decide to stop, am I going to.go through massive shed considering that dose that I am taking is small?

Cheers,
A.

Aleksa97

Established Member
Reaction score
Okay so just wanted to update... Today is 1 week of me starting applying minoxidil. Its the 2% one and I apply it only on my temples. Since my first post I was also diagnosed with chronic telogen effluvium. I am going this week to test my thyroid and bloodwork to see what seems to be the issue. I ditched proscar on my derms advice and just using min currently. Still shedding constantly every day, but that is this telogen thing that I have. I hope that I can control it somehow. Anyways, here are some pics of my temples after I applied minoxidil my hair is pretty oily aswell so ot kinda looks very bad. Will post again when my results arrove and at 1 moth mark.

Attachments

• IMAG1161.jpg
    IMAG1161.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 392

Aleksa97

Established Member
Reaction score
Okay it has been two weeks since I started minoxidil. To be honest (and I hope I am not imagening) I can see small hairs that started to grow on my hairline, and at temple areas aswell. Will post pictures at 1 month mark.

Aleksa97

Established Member
Reaction score
Okay so it is little more than one month thay I've been on 2% minoxidil. I am playing it just on my temples and hairline. To be honest, so far I am not satisfied. It started good (I think) but I am under impression that my temples thinned out. Small hairs popped around hairline, but I am sure thaty temples thinned out. Especially my left one. I am thinking about quitting minoxidil. Here are some pictures.

First picture is my left temple, and this thinned part was fuller before I wtarted minoxidil. Second picture is my right temple.
If you have any suggestions what should I do, please post them below.

Attachments

• IMAG1245.jpg
    IMAG1245.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 327
  • IMAG1249.jpg
    IMAG1249.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 288

Aleksa97

Established Member
Reaction score
So I attached a few more pics where you can clearly see the thinned parts my temples. And I am sure that it thinned out due to minoxidil. I am really thiniking about stopping applying it cuz it just makes my hair worse. 1 crown pic as well

Attachments

• IMAG1251.jpg
    IMAG1251.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 285
  • IMAG1254.jpg
    IMAG1254.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 286
  • IMAG1255.jpg
    IMAG1255.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 258
  • IMAG1261.jpg
    IMAG1261.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 266

Aleksa97

Established Member
Reaction score
short update. about 4 months since I started using minoxidil once a day only at my temples and hairline. New hairs who are lighter are growing and existing hairs grew longer as well. Nothing too extreme such as going to Norwood 1 in 3 months. Still, I will continue my usage. Still have CTE and my hair falls out. I think that is basically killing my hair even more, if I didnt have it I think that my results would be even better. Ill post pictures this weekend.