Starting to look rough (pictures included)

Donc83

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello all. I have been losing my hair for the past few years and was able to get away with it. Now it is really starting to show especially in the front, and its depressing as hell. I have tried minoxidil and rogaine and have had sides from both. I dont know what to do. Somesuggestions would be great. I still have some hair but it is really thin. Here are some pics before washing, during washing, and after washing.

View attachment 17921View attachment 17923View attachment 17923View attachment 17924View attachment 17924View attachment 17922 photo 1.jpg

Attachments

• photo 2(1).JPG
    photo 2(1).JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 289

Donc83

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes it could be worse, but it is quickly getting there. My hairline is thinning pretty rapidly. Rogaine gave me weird chest pains.

Donc83

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah I tried lowering the dose still no good. Do y'all think these new drugs they are developing to reduce inflammation will be out soon?

Wuffer

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You are still looking great and in very early stages of loss if anything. Have you considered Propecia? Chances are if you started now you would be able to keep what you have for a LONG time (10+ years).

Donc83

Established Member
Reaction score
I tried propecia numerous times. My testicles always hurt. I would get really horrible brain fog also. I hated it. Sucks because it was working. I even lowered the dose till would get sides.

LawOfThelema

Experienced Member
Reaction score
doesnt look that bad. but of course our hair usually looks the worst to ourselves.

I think something new should be appearing soon. Allergan is testing bimatoprost for hair loss on the scalp. phase II trial IIRC. Side profile seems less than minoxidil.

To address DHT there are some equol based products out there, and I'd only suspect that as time goes on there'd be more, and cheaper ones. It is being clinically tested for the prostate in australia on grounds of it's ability to bind to DHT. Hopefully we can get more information on the dose response curve when they release their results.