Starting to panic

start22

Reaction score
So i first noticed my hair loss at 21, i had thick hair all over my head, i was nw1 slowly going to nw1.5. I never had problems with hair loss in crown area, only frontal hair loss. I started using liquid minoxidil 5 % and i could actually see regrowth, unfortunately, after using it for several months i had a really bad allergic reaction to alcohol in minoxidil (i guess) my scalp was getting really dry and red, i first thought it would pass but it didn't.

After few days the dry red skin was spreading across to my ears, nose and arms, i decided to quit minoxidil and my skin got better. I was 22 at the time. Regrowth was lost and hair continued to recide. Fast forward to today im soon to be 24 and half a year ago i decided to go on finasteride and try with minoxidil again.

Im currently on 0.5 mg propecia, 5% minoxidil foam, and nizoral for 6 months. And i am losing hair daily like CRAZY, i am really starting to panic, i can't stop counting hairs and looking in the mirror to check my hair a couple of times a day, it really sux, and what's worse is that i have a really hard exam in couple of days. :( My hairline is receding, and im going from nw2 to nw3 FAST and frontal hair is REALLY thin, for the first time ever you can actually see my scalp under harsh light, also my left side is much worse then my right.

I have a really delicate features, small nose, mouth, weak jaw line, i would look awful(!) bald. My dad, who is 50 and his brother (my uncle) who will be 50 soon both have more hair then me. :( My grandfather on mothers side had really thick hair until his 40 or 50's, then he started to lose hair. My grandfather on my dad's side started to lose his hair in his 30's.

I don't have any pics atm, but my hair never looked worse, should i quit? I need some support and what am i doing wrong? :(((

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
don't quit just wait 5 months isn't that long. Stopping will only make you go bald faster

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Yeah you have to continue treatments for at least a year. By then you should be able to tell if it is making a difference, and by difference I don't mean you will have a full head of hair.

start22

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply guys, also, is it possible that minoxidil can accelerate hair loss in some individuals? everytime after applying minoxidil i immediately shed 10-20 hairs 6 months into treatment...?:lost:

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply guys, also, is it possible that minoxidil can accelerate hair loss in some individuals? everytime after applying minoxidil i immediately shed 10-20 hairs 6 months into treatment...?:lost:

no. Treatments wouldn't even cause hair to shed instantly like that. When a hair sheds the actual event that triggered the shedding occurred a few weeks prior