Starting treatment at age 24.

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am finally starting treatment after the long time of hesitation because of the horror story's Iv'e read and finally taking the big 3.

My age is 24, started balding by age 19. I would have started treatment sooner, just with the money problems and long list of horror story's I tried just embracing baldness and just went with the shave. But after a while shaving become's a hassle and just does not look good for my age group. So i finally made a appointment to a derm and prescribe me 1mg of proscar also bought minoxidil to combine with. Also going to invest in a bottle nizoral real soon too. But the only problem i have is if its to late? I have some photo's so you guys could be the judge if im a good candidate for the big 3 treatment. Or if i should just dive right into a hair system?

I never thought in my life i would be balding at this age. All i have to say is genetic's is a B!!%$!!!

Attachments

• Norwood 5.jpg
    Norwood 5.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 539
  • mar10 pic1.JPG
    mar10 pic1.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 528

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
It is good you are starting. You will be a nw5 soon if you don't. You can consider a hair transplant in the future to restore a NW3 or NW2 hair line if finasteride maintains what you have.

kiwixx

Reaction score
Honestly I do not think it's too late at all! It looks like you are a solid NW3 with/without (can't tell from a shaved head) overall thinning.
Just try the big 3 and see how it goes, some people got regrowth even in the temples areas so you never know until you try!

Reaction score
Cool, thanks guys for your words of encouragement! Ill make sure to do updated photo's and write a journal. Just have to be patient and see how it goes.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
You look like a bad *** with a shaved head. I agree with everybody here though. It is definitely a good idea to give treatments a try, because you never know. I am assuming you haven't been losing hair for that long and that is important when it comes to potential recovery. Just remember to be patient and give treatments plenty of time to work.

Reaction score
haha thanks man! Yeah I'v already got pretty use to shaving my head. It's alright but would like to rock some fuzz with some coverage hahah. I'm just going to try the hairloss treatment and see where I stand. If it looks good, awesome. If it just ehh, ill just go back to route one and go back to shaving my head.

Reaction score
6-30-14 2.JPG6-30-14.JPG6-30-14 3.JPGIMG_2347.jpg

Here's a 2 month update.

So far its been going alright. Same condition nothing noticeable yet. I did stop for 2 weeks because i went through a moment where i thought "Ah screw it. I'm freaking bald." But jump right back on the wagon and going to do my best to stay committed. Just a little skeptical at times about regrowth and also been in a difficult financial position. I'm paying 110$ a month for this regime i have set up for myself. Right now im trying to make a appointment with my derm that prescribe me the 1mg finastride and to bump it up to 5 mg so i could cut it into 5th's.But he's all booked up and i have to wait a whole month just to go talk to him about my prescription. If anyone know a cost saving method or a good reputable online pharmacy that would greatly help(If that's allowed. if not,sorry!). Ill keep you guys updated with the big 3.

Attachments

• 6-30-14 3.jpg
    6-30-14 3.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 227

idkwtfish

Reaction score
Most people here endorse inhousepharmacy (google it). I get Fincar from there (cut into 4ths or 5ths), but they're out of stock. Even then, 1mg of generic finasteride is still only $60 for 3 months from inhousepharmacy.

Reaction score
awesome! thanks for the info. I was a little iffy about going online and buying propecia. but if its legit cool.ill just go through them then.

kpat

Established Member
Reaction score
It's probably hard to have hope when your hair is already at that state, so I empathize with the inconsistency of treatment. I don't think you're at a hopeless state, though. You have a lot of hair for the finasteride to save and a lot for the minoxidil to regrow. It will take time, though. I've been on minoxidil for a year and I'm still seeing new regrowth. It's slowly happening, but it's happening. Just remember to get it on the hairline, too. It will help, even though the box says it won't. It just says that because they haven't done tests for it on the hairline, not because they tested it and it doesn't work. Also try eating pumpkin seeds. They're one of the few natural things that have some science behind them that shows they help regrow hair (especially in diffuse balding like you have). They taste good and they're good for you, so why not? All in all, just be patient and relax. The hard part is over - you made the decision to take action. All you have to do now is wait.

Reaction score
here's a 6 month update. Lately I've been growing my hair out so it does look a little more darker. You guys could be the judge. IMG_4955.jpgIMG_4956.jpg

Yeah I blurred my face out. even though you guys already seen me haha.

Reaction score
well its a new year. Been on treatment for 10/11 month with zero success. The question is should i keep wasting money on hairloss products or throw in the towel? whats your guys opinion? Photo on 12-29-14 at 7.29 PM.jpg

Reaction score
I know! Its so hard to quit now since I'm this far. And i still have some active follicles on my head,just thin.So is it a good idea to just switch from finasteride to dusasteride right away? or is it something I should gradually ease into?

alberto69

Reaction score
I think that 11 months is enough time to see some result with finasteride and minoxidil, it took me 4 months to see some regrow in my head, so really dont lose more time and jump to dutasteride, it could be good for you, this is my advice.