Steve-93's Story (16 with PICS!!)

astros148

Established Member
Reaction score
mature hairline maybe, just hold on see what happens by next year. you're too young to start on finasteride

Steve-93

Reaction score
I kind of reckoned I was too young to start on any medication in the form of Finasteride. Yet waiting another 15 months until I've reached 18 would be an insecure path as well. If it would continue the way it started, then I'm heading dead on to an NW3 at 18 (If not worse) Problem is, if my hairline would continue to recede, I wouldn't really see the point in trying to save an NW3 at 18 anyway. As it basically just looks nothing less than fucked on a teenager already anyway!. The only real thing I can gain some hope from is that the inflammation has stopped and that it's far from a noticeable situation with my ashton-kutcherish hairstyle I usually wear, for now.(Logically, I'm not even close to his stage in MPD) . I just don't want to see myself losing my hair at such a young age without there being anything I could try to do about. Waiting for so long without a proper solution would be like kicking myself in the jewels, each and every day when standing in the front of the mirror to comb my hair.

I still can't believe there aren't any better solutions for such a common problem. :thumbdown2:

metropolis

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes, you're definitely too young to start on finasteride. It's not worth the risk, at least not yet. And your hair looks great from here, you're not even a NW2! Are you sure you're losing your hair? Was there any shedding? Do you see any hair on your pillow when you wake up in the morning?

My advice is: relax, be patient, wait a few more months and see what happens. Don't do anything you might regret later. If you want to take some sort of action, ask your doctor about Nizoral and apply it 2x a week. It's an effective antiandrogen and much safer than finasteride.

Steve-93

Reaction score
Not even an NW2 yet? Gosh, that's kind of a relief.

I'm pretty sure I'm not excessively losing hair, not more than I used to that is. Yet, hair-obsessed teen as I already was, I instantly noticed when my hairline started to move up a little. When I was about 15,5 I noticed my left temple point thinning out. While I was stunned to see the miniaturization in the left temple area and started to try to hide is since it looked a little blonder than the middle area I noticed the right temple point starting to become a shape that resembled half a circle. I buzzed my hair off to see what the problem with my hairline was closely and (Just like when I combed my hair backwards the way I did in the pictures back then only now with a better view on them) I noticed all these little Red dots on the juvenile hairline and a bit behind it as well, in other words, inflammation.

Over the next half year I lost all the hairs that were inflamed and/or miniaturized. I didn't notice it simply because I started wearing my hair rather long in the front and just get a long with life, of course I noticed the little shift in hairline when getting out of bed when my hair stood in all directions and I could clearly make up a difference. But after combing it, logically, it was unnoticeable and I didn't think about it. Yet a couple of days ago I decided to comb my hair backwards to check my hairstatus just for the heck of it. As I expected, all the inflamed and miniaturized hairs were gone, yet no clear signs of recession or miniaturization behind the newly formed hairline as you can see on the pictures.

It's not that I was planning on starting on fina or anything that drastically anytime soon of course. Yet seeing most (some other little recession here and there and some high natural hairlines.) guys in 11th grade with their almost female-like hairlines makes recession of even about a centimeter or less a lot more obvious than compared to the hairlines on guys who are a little older.

If my sentence stucture is a little inconsistent here and there then it's frankly because I'm dutch and well it's rather late here at the time of posting. ;)

Btw, just a question: I'm familiar the risks of side-effects with fina in general, but what extra risks would the use of fina bring if someone my age would started using it? Just out of curiosity that is.

zetro

Reaction score
hey steve

i think my hair loss must have started exactly at your age although i do not have any photos of that time.
your hair (growth pattern ,color...)looks very identical to mine.
i think i have halted my hair loss with my diet habits i havent had further recession for over a year now.(at least i think so)
i dont know anything about your diet but looking at kids in your age i suppose that it is not as favourable as it should be.
and if you want to do something i would recommend you to check your habits.its almost for free and it does not threaten your health like some drugs would do plus you will feel alot better and stay healthy:).
i would urge you to take metropolis advice and buy yourself some nizoral as it has grown me some little hairs on my hairline for the last 3-4 months!
your hairline looks still great though!i was just interested because your situation looks very close to mine!
cheerio Alex

Steve-93

Reaction score
Hey man, thanks for your reply.

I've been looking into getting some ketoconazol holding shampoo but, as fate decides, nizoral is only available on doctor's recepy in the Netherlands. There however is another shampoo called Rooscure which contains only 1% of ketoconazol against the 2% in nizoral. So I'm planning on picking some of that up and see what happens and just hope it will be strong enough for a similar effect as it had for you.

As most people commented there really isn't much different product-wise which I could, or should want to, use at my age. So some ketoconazol shampoo it is, next to that it will mostly be waiting and keeping track of my hairline. As you said the only real difference I could make right now is with some lifestyle improvements, however I doubt that would help that much in my situation. I don't smoke, drink excessively and I'm not exactly planning to become a vegan and hop into bed everyday at 10 PM either.

I'm glad to hear stories from other people who are\have been in my stituation, and especially the ones whose hair got out quite okay, if not better.

-Steve.

zetro

Reaction score
hey steve
iam from germany and i got my nizoral from ebay.uk so i dont think it would be a problem for you either.just look around!
i would not have considered a lifestyle change possible for me at your age but as time passed by i realized the potency of it and iam quite happy with it.if someone had told me 4 years ago that i will end up were i am now i think i would have burst out laughing.
cheerio alex

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You have a great head of hair :punk: If you really feel that you are losing it then start with improving your diet,lifestyle,add multivitamins,zinc pills and try Nizoral 2% or any mild neutral PH shampoo.There is no need for you to panic at the moment.Try giving it some time and if possible get a hair miniaturization test done to find out whether you are really losing hair due to male pattern baldness.

Number9

Reaction score
Dude,

Try out nizoral, hair/general vitamins and minoxidil 2% around your hairline for about 5 months and I'm sure you'll be able to maintain what you have and maybe even some regrowth (even though I think it looks normal) and RELAX. Don't over stress yourself. You shouldn't have to worry about hairloss at your age (hell and mine!)