Stevelai's Story - ( 23 / Need Advice ?(With Photos!!)

stevelai

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am a 23 year old Asian who lives in Malaysia. I have a strange hair loss problem, as i heard from most people that first started losing hair on the temples, but i am fine on my frontal hair, the problem is my hair loss problems started first at my crown (vertex), which i am not sure it is thinning or it is balding. So i would like to get advice from anyone to battle this hair loss problems. If i really have no other choice, i plan to save money from now for a hair transplant with a FUE Technique on my crown. All comments are greatly appreciated. Thank you for reading. Below are photos of my crown (vertex).

Regards

Steve

Attachments

• 020720105642.jpg
    020720105642.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 154
  • 020720105610.jpg
    020720105610.jpg
    233.1 KB · Views: 119
  • 020720105643.jpg
    020720105643.jpg
    291.6 KB · Views: 159

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: Crown Balding Or Crown Thinning ! Need Advice ?(With Photos)

Hair transplant should be a LAST RESORT.

I'd like to see your frontal hair pulled back tight with good lighting. I bet you are receeding.

Depending on that pic I would suggest starting on a combination of finasteride and minoxidil.

Good luck!

stevelai

Reaction score

Thanks for the advice Treeshrew.
I am thinking of starting with propecia first, then after seeing the result i will go with minoxidil. This week gonna have my bloodwork check at the same time too. I feel i am a diffuse thinner, guess i found it out too late, should have notice earlier. Anyway i thank you for your advice. Yeah Treeshrew, should i shave my head to see the progress on propecia as my hair is rather long at the moment ?

Here is my Frontal Hair Pullback.

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/profiles/stevelai/blog/290

Regards

Steve

Nene

Reaction score

Steve, your crown doesn't look too bad, I think your hair loss at the hair line is more advaned. Good idea with starting finasteride. Good luck.

stevelai

Reaction score
Thanks. You are so right ! i am already on treatment, lets hope after 1 year i will be back posting my progress.