Still shedding with minoxil and finastride

trasher

Reaction score
So. Started at minoxidil for about a year ago. Worked great. Stopped my hairloss and my hair looked thicker, and that was just after 2 month, it worked so great.
After 7 month I started shedding again, (still on the minoxil) and were a bit worryed. It was getting bader, and now it just sucks!!
For about 3 month ago I started taking finastride. (The product am taking is called "Finastride" and is very cheap.)
No sideeffects , luckily. But am still shedding very bad, and drive my crazy. And my hairline is getting worse.
Why am I shedding so much, when am taking both Finanstride and minoxidil. Is it just not working for me anymore?? anyone else that have experienced this??

(sry for my english, not very good ;)

symbolx

Established Member
Reaction score
The combination of minoxidil and finasteride is supposed to have a synergistic effect, so its possible that both are causing the shed which may result in a better overall thickening. It may just be the addition of the finasteride that is causing the shed as well.

metalheaddude

Reaction score
Welcome to the world of finasteride and minoxidil :)

One month your hair will look awesome, the next few you will shed and it will look terrible. Its just the nature of the beast.

Its sitll worth it, despite the roller coaster effect.

pproctor

Established Member
Reaction score
You may be expereincing shedding's close cousin, synchronized hair growth and loss. It works like this-- if you respond well and quickly to medical treatment, a lot of your hair gets synchronized. First, follicles coming out of dormancy early causes loss-phase hair to shed early as new hair starts to grow in. As your existing store of loss-phase hair gets exausted, your rate of shedding temporarily decreases. Meanwhile, all that hair is growing at the same time. Eventually, gets to the end of its life-span an dall falls out at the same time.

That is, because it all starts to grow at the same time, it tends to fall out at the same time. I have see people get so synchronized that their bald spot on top almost seems to "breathe", typically on a 3-6 month cycle. Generally, this synchronization dies out after a while. This only happens in aminority of cases and, like wsehdding, it tends to be associated with a good initial result.

Peter H. Proctor, PhD,MD