Still shedding

HairyLoss

Reaction score
Been on finasteride for about 5-6 months now and still shedding quite a lot, my question is should I increase the dosage? I'm currently taking around 0.5 a day.

maxou

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
ride it out

i would go with 1mg a day for a full year then switch to dutasteride

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
increasing dosage won't do anything and shedding never stops for some. As long as miniaturization isn't occurring shedding doesn't matter

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you mean by minaturization ?

miniaturization is when after each life cycle, the hair keeps growing back shorter and thinner every time until it doesn't grow back at all. That is how male pattern baldness works

Aesthetic

Established Member
Reaction score
i got a few hairs on the front of my hair line that as THIN AS HELL can barely see them, they are also shorter, so i guess i got exactly what u r saying im on finasteride rigtht will it thicken them up or nah? do i need MIX/ROgaine to save em thicken em up?

otis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Been on finasteride for about 5-6 months now and still shedding quite a lot, my question is should I increase the dosage? I'm currently taking around 0.5 a day.

Add Tagamet to to your Propecia. Tagamet was originaly prescribed as a prescription drug for ulcers. Now over the counter in lower dosages for heart burn.Take 300 mg three times a day.You have to break one in half to get the other hundred as they come in two hundred mg tablets. In one months time you will have no shedding.Tagamet has been used for years for hair loss off label.

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
i got a few hairs on the front of my hair line that as THIN AS HELL can barely see them, they are also shorter, so i guess i got exactly what u r saying im on finasteride rigtht will it thicken them up or nah? do i need MIX/ROgaine to save em thicken em up?

Finasteride won't thicken up your hair, the medication is to help keep the hair follicles from further miniaturization. If you want your hair to grow back thicker, use Minoxidil.