stitches removal? help!

youngnat

Reaction score
hi there, i know i may be clutching at straws.... but can anyone tell me about how to remove my stitches from my head... the nurse was unsure of how to remove it as she has never seen stitches done the way i had them in the back of my head (strange for a nurse not to know but hey what can i do...?) she said it was one continuous stitch, and im wondering if every doctor stitches up differently (which is what im expecting) or whether there is some special way all hair transplant doctors sew up backs of heads and what the stitch patter is called???? and how to unstitch it..... any doctors perusing this forum by chance? or nurses that know what to do????

theanimator

Reaction score
My advice....go to another doctor.

I think my stitch was one continuous stitch two...at least it felt that way. It's like the tied off one end, then just sewed it up until the reached the other end and tied it off again. It makes sense to me. I do remember that it hurt when I got my stitches out. This was because the nurse had to pull a little on them to ge the scissors under the stitch. I also had a lot of scabbing around the stitches, so the nurse had to scrub it with alcohol a little to reveal the stitches.

I can't imagine it's that difficult to remove the stitches...just clean the stitches good with alcohol, then start and the left, cut the stitches, pull them out and work accross the head.

You don't want to leave them in too long. My doctor said stitches should be removed after 7-10 days or you risk scaring around the stitches.

Good Luck

youngnat

Reaction score
yup, had them out.... the nurse figured it out, in fact two of them had to do it, one to pull the hair up on the back of my head and the other to snip, to be honest i didnt feel pain, in fact it felt really good the tugging and pulling of the nylon out of my wound because it was itchy, felt like someone scratching it relieving it! haha :)

alls well that ends well.

G

The itching sensation is a result of the healing process, and will subside with time. :)