Stoney's story - (Age 20, Male Pattern Baldness? photos)

Stoney

Reaction score
Hello I am new to this whole discussion forum thing but here goes. I am male very nearly 20 years old and think that I am encountering the first stages of male Pattern Baldness but am not completely convinced. Losing around 10 hairs on my pillow when I get up and another 10 when I dry after showering etc. And have noticed heavy general shedding for about 5 months. Advise would be greatly appreciated. Could I simply be developing a mature hairline as I seem to have to have good genes. What is the first noticible sign of Balding do you notice the hairs or are they normally undetectable as very miniturized? Hair in the top corners are looking far thinner than they used to though.

- Both Grandparents died with full heads
- Father has receded a little but is 56 probably Norwood 2 but dont think has changed in 10 years
- Uncle from Mothers side of family has a full head.
- Uncle from Fathers side very receded at Norwood 4 a

Genetically could I have inherited my Paternal Uncles genes?

Looking for advise really, would value and appreciate any opinion on my hairline thank you. male pattern baldness OR MATURE HAIRLINE? Help

Attachments

• go it 3.jpg
    go it 3.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 2,256
  • go it.jpg
    go it.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 2,263
  • go it 2.jpg
    go it 2.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 2,273

Axl_Rose

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Male Pattern Baldness? What do you think (photos)

Hmm..temples are looking a little thin but it's nothing dramatic,but it's hard to say,it could be male pattern baldness or just the forming of a mature hairline..perhaps go to see a derm to confirm its male pattern baldness? Either way right now you're hair looks to be in good condition so if it is male pattern baldness you can catch it really early before it gets more advanced. What's your crown like? Maybe take some pics of that too because I know a few people who only notice their temples and think "Well it could just be a mature hairline so nothing to worry about" but then a few months down the track they catch a glimpse of their crown or someone points it out that its thinning.

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
you still have lots of thick hair so just keep an eye on it and if you see any further recession or miniaturisation use propecia.