Stop or Keep Going? Spectral DNC

kpingul415

Reaction score
ive been using spectral dnc for almost a week. Noticed shedding within the first 2 days of use. Should i stop or keep going. will it get worse.

jrg

Established Member
Reaction score
It likely means its having an effect. Whether it works cosmetically, you will have to wait several months before making an assessment. I too use spectral...

kpingul415

Reaction score
how long have you been using it. did it have the same affect in the first months or what? what else do you use.

jrg

Established Member
Reaction score
For spectral, around 2 months. However, I've been using Dr. Lee's minoxidil for the last 3 years together with finasteride and nizoral.
Yes, there was a slight shed for about 1-2 weeks.

I did not get back to my pre hairloss state, but at least it slowed down substantially... and slowly, you will get used to reality.

kpingul415

Reaction score
so you think or anybody think that using minoxidil and nizoral is a good idea. 1 percent or 2 is the question????????

jrg

Established Member
Reaction score
almost everyone in this forum would recommend using both.
1 or 2% doesn't matter that much. I think the 1% smell better. I also use T-Gel but really I don't think it is going to make an difference cosmetically.

Sean68

Reaction score
ideally every three days. ive always used the 2% just to be sure so id say use that and switch to the 1% if its too harsh for you but it shouldnt be.

kpingul415

Reaction score
how long does anybody think it will take of more shedding. i started the first two days of apply. any answers?

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
kpingul415 said:
how long does anybody think it will take of more shedding. i started the first two days of apply. any answers?

sheds are unique to each indiviual.

The classic shed normally starts soon after beginning treatment and lasts anywhere form 2 - 4 weeks.

Not so much w/ spectral, but w/ the foam, sheds to be all over the place, starting and stopping and re-occuring at a variety of intervals.

I'd stick w/ it. If the shed lasts more than 4 weeks - then it's time to reconsider.

The company line is - that any hair you shed should grow back thicker and stronger.