Stopping finasteride after 8 months

Bw0434

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ran it for 6 months at 1 mg. Then lowered it to .5 mg for 2 more months to help with slight loss of libido. Hair looks way worse than when I started. Thinking of coming off it completely and trying a different approach. Any other substitutes for finasteride? Thinking of maybe ru but the heart sides worry me.

Oscar66

Established Member
Reaction score
It took me a couple of months to see results, but a year and a half until it suddenly made a difference. I pretty much have quit finasteride since it makes me have a restricted feeling with erections, and little to no ejaculation. Still using Rogaine and derma rolling and rosemary oil, and adding left over finasteride pills to my Rogaine for shits and giggles.

Bw0434

My Regimen
Reaction score
It took me a couple of months to see results, but a year and a half until it suddenly made a difference. I pretty much have quit finasteride since it makes me have a restricted feeling with erections, and little to no ejaculation. Still using Rogaine and derma rolling and rosemary oil, and adding left over finasteride pills to my Rogaine for shits and giggles.
How's your hair been since you stopped? Why not try topical? Been off it for a month but wondering if I should go back on

Oscar66

Established Member
Reaction score
My crown is wrecked, but the finasteride never made it super recover since I was already bad off when I started. It did help recover some when I was on it, but concealers have always been my savior.

Oscar66

Established Member
Reaction score
I would keep on the half pills for a while. I've never really heard many stories of it making things worse long term. And of course always use Rogaine with it.

Bw0434

My Regimen
Reaction score
My crown is wrecked, but the finasteride never made it super recover since I was already bad off when I started. It did help recover some when I was on it, but concealers have always been my savior.
Thanks man how long did it take for you to lose all your progress? I needed to stop for a month so hopefully won't be too bad until I get back on

Oscar66

Established Member
Reaction score
For me, it takes about 3 months to get bad. If I hop back on, it takes about 3 or 4 months to notice a "coarseness" or thickening. It's never going to recover, but to keep it is key, and using concealers. I do bounce off and on, like if my hair looks like sh*t (which it does then recover some).

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
dutasteride and finasteride gives me ejaculation problems wayyy less force, and dutasteride only gave me 1 drop of semen after 1.5 years of usage and hair was way worse too. I even had retrograde ejaculation on these drugs.