StoptheMadness's story

StoptheMadness

Established Member
Reaction score
I would appreciate any comments on the disparity between pictures taken of my right temple 3 years ago to pics taken today. The temple recession is not in doubt. I'm just curious as to the degree of recession?

thank you.

Attachments

• 100_1287.JPG
    100_1287.JPG
    711.4 KB · Views: 166
  • 100_1290.JPG
    100_1290.JPG
    726 KB · Views: 149
  • 100_1291.JPG
    100_1291.JPG
    711 KB · Views: 159
  • 100_1292.JPG
    100_1292.JPG
    696.2 KB · Views: 142
  • media50.jpeg
    media50.jpeg
    63.7 KB · Views: 194
  • media45.jpeg
    media45.jpeg
    59.8 KB · Views: 176
  • media41.jpeg
    media41.jpeg
    63.1 KB · Views: 163

Shma

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: 31 yrs old/ Right temple comparison/ 3 yrs

Considering you're 31 and there is only a slight recessin in the last few years, you're pretty lucky after all.

Axl_Rose

Established Member
Reaction score

That hairline is perfectly normal for someone your age, don't worry about it, also be careful not to trick yourself when trying to examine your hairline, people have a habit of pulling the scalp back when showing their hairline and that can make your hairline appear higher or further back then what it actually is.

Best thing you can do for the moment is keep a eye on it but don't become obsessed with it.

StoptheMadness

Established Member
Reaction score

Shma said:
Considering you're 31 and there is only a slight recessin in the last few years, you're pretty lucky after all.

Yes,
relatively I'm lucky that I would be in worse shape had I not been using treatment. But all the same hairloss to each of us in our own way can be maddening.

I just wanted to see if the community could tell me to what degree the recession is given that I *feel* it's worse (even though it might not all be that worse).

StoptheMadness

Established Member
Reaction score

Axl_Rose said:
That hairline is perfectly normal for someone your age, don't worry about it, also be careful not to trick yourself when trying to examine your hairline, people have a habit of pulling the scalp back when showing their hairline and that can make your hairline appear higher or further back then what it actually is.

Best thing you can do for the moment is keep a eye on it but don't become obsessed with it.

Since my haircut (2 guard on the sides, scissors up top), 4 days ago, I can't help but fret and look with laser-like focus on that right temple....I just *feel" when looking at it it's worse than I can remember. That's why I took these photos (and am glad I took photos in the past for comparison).

It's more the recession from the top of the temple going backward (not so much the hairline receeding, at this point anyway).
thanks.

StoptheMadness

Established Member
Reaction score

irishpride86 said:
StoptheMadness said:
Axl_Rose said:

Since my haircut (2 guard on the sides, scissors up top), 4 days ago, I can't help but fret and look with laser-like focus on that right temple....I just *feel" when looking at it it's worse than I can remember. That's why I took these photos (and am glad I took photos in the past for comparison).

It's more the recession from the top of the temple going backward (not so much the hairline receeding, at this point anyway).
thanks.

what ?? your pics don't show you sides a #2
I told the stylist to use a 2 on the sides, which I normally do. That's isn't a 2 in your opinion?