Storing finasteride while traveling?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Long story short, I take 0.25mg of finasteride a day. Only cut up 1 or 2 pills at a time.

Very soon I may be living out of my vehicle. I know it says to store between 65 and 75 degress far. I know that going down in temperature would be more ok than heat. Colder is always better than hotter for medication. So 40 or even 30 degrees and they would probably be ok (especially considering where I live if it does reach freezing, 32. It usually only stays there for a couple hours then gets up above freezing for the remainder of the day).

I certainly hope what I just said above is true because I have had my finasteride in my vehicle in an air tight bottle for 4 days. Got down to 30 to 40 degrees all 4 nights and 50's in the day. Have them back inside now.

But heat like 100 or 125 in a car would is a different story.

How do you think one could store finasteride while living in a vehicle and on the road. My best guess would be in an air tight bottle, in a floor board, in an empty cooler, covered with a blanket to block sunlight from shining on the cooler at all.

Anybody got any other suggestions that would work better? And how well would the way I said work?
It doesn't matter. I used to take Proscar on trips and you only need about four of those for two weeks so that's an option for some. I just put them in with my vitamins.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not joking. I may be living in my vehicle for a number of months. Not sure how long. Now I'm paranoid that I actually let them get too cold for 4 days this week. Hope they are ok.

As far as the heat will go come Summer. My idea is the best I can think of.
It won't matter my friend. I get your worries as traveling always is hard on the balding but those pills are like indestructible. I mean, I don't know where you live but I am a lawyer so maybe I could help you seek benefits. There are also other treatments that I could maybe work with you on if you want to me here: https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...t-and-pictorial-posts-prove-it.130425/page-23

I find all of this fascinating scientifically and I have been on here almost 20 hours straight so I might not be on much longer this morning until later.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I actually thought of another idea for travel.

Finasteride in an airtight bottle.
Put that in an airtight thermos.
Put that in a cooler.
Put water in the cooler.
Put in a floor board.
Cover with blanket to prevent sun from warmimg cooler.

The water surrounding the cooler should keep the thermos, and bottle inside, much cooler than surrounding ambient temperatures. Probably 20 to 40 degrees cooler if I had to guess. Maybe even more since it will be inside a cooler and in the lowest darkest possible place.

Then only pull the thermos out at night or early morning to take it. Reseal and close it back up. Not too difficult to control. About the best, feasable, solution I can come up with.
Perhaps my friend but you are overthinking this. Proscar pills are better in this aspect as they are quite thick but I would prefer to discuss ideas to keep you in a dwelling other than a car if I can help.

jjuliajul11

My Regimen
Reaction score
My husband also takes similar medications. We read the justfly reviews and realized that now they will start selling holidays at cheap prices. So we started looking for answers on the internet. Unfortunately, we did not find anything new. My husband decided to call the travel agency and he was told that in the prescription from the doctor you will be able to transport your medicine.

Last edited:

michaeldavid

My Regimen
Reaction score
Perhaps my friend, but you are overthinking this. Proscar pills are better in this aspect as they are quite thick, but I would prefer to discuss ideas to keep you in a dwelling other than a car if I can help. For instance, Baddiehub offers a range of practical solutions that could help you explore more stable living options.